Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Roby the Balkan Hoplite
IcedMuffin
Bulldog
Swagile
Darky
SkellyBeans
Bourneco - Retired
ferrick
12 posters

The New Map

Darky
    Darky

The New Map - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Map

Post by Darky Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:48 am

This is a map thread. Not a weapon discussion thread. Take it to the economy thread as I said before, as that is where it belongs.
    These are very vital points and I believe should be heard and something done. Just, wrong thread to do it in.
    Bourneco - Retired
    Bourneco - Retired

Post by Bourneco - Retired Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Roby the Balkan Hoplite wrote:
    Bourneco wrote:
    Roby the Balkan Hoplite wrote:Torrington is one of the best shitty maps the admins could pick. It's designed as a torn-up zombie city with survival spots. Last time I checked this isn't severance RP.

Not to mention the map itself isn't popular and it has no "outlandish" landscape, it's just a medium sized torn up city.

The new lore is bullshit, here's the reasons:
    1. Humans will hardly, if ever, be able to interact with fables again.
    2. Humans will stay in cities, while the fables will be RDM'ing eachothers in the outskirts? What the fuck is that, really?
    3. What will the hunters do? GO hunt fables in the outskirts? This will cause massive rage and butthurtness among the players cuz muh human weaponry, let's be realistic here, the hunters have an arsenal of weapons to erradicate the fable community.
    4. The only interesting RP will probably happen outside of the city, so almost half of the playerbase will either leave out of boredom or switch on their fable chars, which will fuck up the balance big time.
    5. LAPD's will be some kind of Civil Protection, only that they'll not act so brutal.

There's the issue with guns and armor which I firmly stand by my point: leaving the guns on everyone  will continue to create OOC rage. Everybody apparently have either a F2000 or some kind of rifle from the Stark Industries. Fables have weapons and armor just like the humans, which gives them a far superior advantage cause of their powers altogheter. Everytime LAPD or Hunters come and try to do their jobs, suddently players arrive at the scene holding their guns up to defend muh friends. Of course, when everybody have silver plated pistols coated with vervein and ballistic vests the fear RP becomes meaningless. 

"B-but my character's got these weapons ICly!"

You either got these weapons due to the admins or by buying them with 2000 dollars. 2000 dollars should cost a Katana at least.

Wipe the weapons from the players, but refund the money to the players that bought them ICly, raise the prices of rifles to roughly 10.000 $ and the handheld guns to at least 5.000 $, give people meele weapons, that I can get, and please for fuck's sake stop randomly ass-pulling kevlar, grenades and shits using PAC3 people.

Don't remove players who legitimately use and roleplay their firearms realistically. Remove those who are IDIOTS with them. You don't wave a gun around. I never did unless I was A: In Hunter uniform. B: I was on a character who legitimately could and not be prosecuted. C: I'm on a char who has a giant fucking ego and things no one can stop them. I DO actually agree with the prices!

"Remove those who are IDIOTS with them." That would enrage half of the server baby.
    And I care why? I'm here to improve quality, not coddle the mentally retarded masses.
    Dad
    Dad

Post by Dad Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:56 pm

gm_bigcity is beast for sandbox and it would look even better in vampire RP
    maybe add some props and cars Smile
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

Post by SaintCharmer Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 pm

I would have to say Silent Hill honestly. It has something for everyone. A foggy setting to keep Fables in the city hidden from F.E.A.R, but also a surprise when a truck comes barreling towards them, through the fog on the road. A large, but not too large setting with plenty of housing for characters to claim, a trailer park, run down and abandoned buildings for fables to hide in, a Church for Orfeo (I had to mention it, the Priest Robe is just too great.) A Gun shop, A school, Commercial property for people's businesses, I believe it has a Bar, plenty of road space for cars, a police station with jail cells, etc, etc, etc. Alley Ways, area's to hop fences when on the run, storage garages for more fable hiding. I know this is going to get "BUT THE FOG BRO!" Fog actually cuts down on lag... at least in my experience. Its honestly not that bad and adds a sense of dread that you have no idea what's around the corner. Just think of it as the Fog of War in say like the old Warcraft games. It's exciting. Plus, the fog makes sense. I mean, with all the sex your lesbians and fable lovers have been having, the atmosphere has just been like the inside of a car, you literally fogged the fucking sun. Good job.
    Swagile

Post by Swagile Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:03 pm

SaintCharmer wrote:I would have to say Silent Hill honestly. It has something for everyone. A foggy setting to keep Fables in the city hidden from F.E.A.R, but also a surprise when a truck comes barreling towards them, through the fog on the road. A large, but not too large setting with plenty of housing for characters to claim, a trailer park, run down and abandoned buildings for fables to hide in, a Church for Orfeo (I had to mention it, the Priest Robe is just too great.) A Gun shop, A school, Commercial property for people's businesses, I believe it has a Bar, plenty of road space for cars, a police station with jail cells, etc, etc, etc. Alley Ways, area's to hop fences when on the run, storage garages for more fable hiding. I know this is going to get "BUT THE FOG BRO!" Fog actually cuts down on lag... at least in my experience. Its honestly not that bad and adds a sense of dread that you have no idea what's around the corner. Just think of it as the Fog of War in say like the old Warcraft games. It's exciting. Plus, the fog makes sense. I mean, with all the sex your lesbians and fable lovers have been having, the atmosphere has just been like the inside of a car, you literally fogged the fucking sun. Good job.

Saying it how it is.

tl;dr

silent hill is boss
    ferrick
    ferrick

Post by ferrick Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:40 pm

Swagile wrote:
    SaintCharmer wrote:I would have to say Silent Hill honestly. It has something for everyone. A foggy setting to keep Fables in the city hidden from F.E.A.R, but also a surprise when a truck comes barreling towards them, through the fog on the road. A large, but not too large setting with plenty of housing for characters to claim, a trailer park, run down and abandoned buildings for fables to hide in, a Church for Orfeo (I had to mention it, the Priest Robe is just too great.) A Gun shop, A school, Commercial property for people's businesses, I believe it has a Bar, plenty of road space for cars, a police station with jail cells, etc, etc, etc. Alley Ways, area's to hop fences when on the run, storage garages for more fable hiding. I know this is going to get "BUT THE FOG BRO!" Fog actually cuts down on lag... at least in my experience. Its honestly not that bad and adds a sense of dread that you have no idea what's around the corner. Just think of it as the Fog of War in say like the old Warcraft games. It's exciting. Plus, the fog makes sense. I mean, with all the sex your lesbians and fable lovers have been having, the atmosphere has just been like the inside of a car, you literally fogged the fucking sun. Good job.

Saying it how it is.

tl;dr

silent hill is boss
    I'm inclined to agree, although the map size still concerns me. It's not much bigger than Torrington if memory serves me right.
    IcedMuffin

Post by IcedMuffin Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:13 pm

It's slightly bigger than Torrington but it's far more spacey and less tight packed.
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

Post by SaintCharmer Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:45 pm

ferrick wrote:
    Swagile wrote:

Saying it how it is.

tl;dr

silent hill is boss
    I'm inclined to agree, although the map size still concerns me. It's not much bigger than Torrington if memory serves me right.

There are 4 different versions of the map, all being bigger than the other as the version gets higher. I was refering to version 3, or rp_silenthill_final, but there is apparantly a 4th version now which I am downloading and going to be checking out. I'll upload screenshots and post the links here to see what you all think of the main buildings/housing/etc.
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

Post by SaintCharmer Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:13 pm

I return with screenshots. I took 31 screenshots of the key points of the map. There is still more I could have shown but this gets the basics. It has working traffic lights, a PD with cells, Hospital and a School, Gas station, Junkyard, Rundown shack, Trailer park and On street housing, Alley ways, a big warehouse, Grocery Store, Several Restaurants, a Bar, A couple parks, a bridge with a river, gun shop, plenty of street space if people wanted to at some point get their own cars for their characters... (Traffic lights would help with driving and clashing at intersections). Below are two links, one to the map download and the other being my screenshots, where you can see a little bit of what the map has to offer. Download it and take a look around yourselves, there's probably a lot I didn't screenshot. It's a pretty expansive map, but it's not too big like Evo is, you can still find people.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SaintCharmer/screenshots

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=5379
    Triangle
    Triangle

Post by Triangle Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am

Guys, there's really no point posting in this thread. We've found a map and we're sticking with it.
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

Post by SaintCharmer Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Triangle wrote:Guys, there's really no point posting in this thread. We've found a map and we're sticking with it.

I'll believe it when I see it, we can't even stick with a fucking lore.
    ferrick
    ferrick

Post by ferrick Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Triangle wrote:Guys, there's really no point posting in this thread. We've found a map and we're sticking with it.
    Clearly not the case, seeing as how evocity was making the server crash constantly and now we're back to city8.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 am