Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Strike System

Poll

Should we use the Strike System?

[ 9 ]
    Strike System Bar_left75%Strike System Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Strike System Bar_left25%Strike System Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Strike System Bar_left0%Strike System Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Anthony Turner
    Anthony Turner

Strike System Empty Strike System

Post by Anthony Turner Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:44 pm

So, with all of the complaints about lack of fear from Fables, and OP groups, and blah blah blah, I thought of a way to fix it, it's based on a system we used at UPG and UNRP that worked with with OTA, modified for Vampire RP

This is a system where each character has two strikes, strike one is a TK, you were heavily wounded, with that first strike you lose equipment, either kevlar, a weapon, or a sum of money worth repairs to your items, strike two is a PK. However, not every death is a strike, if you are smart and don't dive in head first, if you run or even be tactical, you can get off with no strike. 

This sort of system would be managed on the forums on a page, it would apply mainly towards groups like Bourne's proposed task force killing someone, and PKs can still be applied if the player so wishes their character to be PKed, and as a general rule, deaths for a personal reason are usually a PK, but that's just what I generally think of

Tell me what you think, oh, and I'm back now
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Strike System Empty Re: Strike System

Post by Major Tom Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:37 pm

-Snip don't care anymore-

Last edited by Major Tom on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chancer
    Chancer

Post by Chancer Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:33 am

I don't think this is what's necessary for solving that. I doubt this would really do that much. The problem will be solved in time, don't worry about it.
    Anthony Turner
    Anthony Turner

Post by Anthony Turner Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:43 am

Major Tom wrote:A system like this will make the powergame that is already a problem EVEN worse.

It will also discourage conflict in a server that is already mostly completely devoid of conflict

I do NOT support it.

They shouldn't be powergaming in the first place, this isn't a powergame solution, this is a PK solution that makes two parties happy.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:11 am

-Snip do what you want-

Last edited by Major Tom on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    ferrick
    ferrick

Post by ferrick Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:07 am

Powergaming and a lack of Fear RP both somewhat stem from a lack of concern over losing a character so I strongly agree with this strike system as people need to RP their characters with the concern that they could lose them at any point, which not many people do. Other servers tend to have issues when they don't enforce permakills because people only get more and more ridiculous with the things they try and pull on their characters without punishment. That type of play encourages elitist circlejerking which in turn outcasts new players trying to find their niche in the community. Its a vicious cycle.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:58 am

-Snip don't care anymore-

Last edited by Major Tom on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 am

Sorry noticed my mistakes in my post. On mobile i appologise
    Asiimov

Post by Asiimov Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Ah. The age old excuse. Ruining RP servers since the dawn of time. It happens everywhere, truly...

lmao jk this is the only fucking server i've ever played on where someone has gotten their char unpked because "if u dont do it ill leave......"
    ferrick
    ferrick

Post by ferrick Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Raspberry wrote:lmao jk this is the only fucking server i've ever played on where someone has gotten their char unpked because "if u dont do it ill leave......"

Happens at every community, I'm sorry to say. It was a massive problem at Spire.

And Tom, while I understand your concern and dedication to the matter, it'd probably be best to make a thread or talk to Pixie, because it's just derailing the thread.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:09 pm

No its not derailing. Its precisely the reason why this system would not work.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:21 pm

-Snip don't care-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am