Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Fuzzy Wolfy
nec
6 posters

nec's Magic Application

nec
    nec

nec's Magic Application Empty nec's Magic Application

Post by nec Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:13 am

Steam Name: nec

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19989702

Why do you think you should get this Whitelist?: I think magic in general is pretty cool, and they way they have applied it to the canon is well done. I'd like to take my own twist on it and take part in it.

How long have you been role-playing for?: Since 2008.

What 'level' of magic ability are you applying for?: Around an Adept or Veteran in comparison to the Vampire ranking structure, honestly it's your pick.

What type/school of magic are you applying for?: Destruction.

Do you understand that this whitelist, like any other whitelist, can be taken away if you abuse it?: I understand.

Do you understand that these apps, due to probable demand, potential power and the fact it's a rare thing, are strict?: I understand.

Backstory:

James Parker was born and raised in Sydney, Australia by his loving mother and father. He was raised into a middle class family with little to no ups and downs in his life, just a neutral road of blissfulness. As he reached his middle years of primary school (elementary school for you Americans), his mother found him talking to himself in his room at night as he was lying in bed. However, this was not his usual banter that he would usually tattle on to himself at night, he seemed to be talking to something, someone, who knew, who cared to bother. Not his parents.

As James reached the peak of primary school, year seven. A new boy was transferred to his school, possessing nothing but an ego and a half. He decided that James would be an easy target to unleash his selfish attitude upon, and so he did. This was James’ first ever experience of bullying. However, as he was bullied, he found that his blood would literally reach abnormal temperatures upon entering emotions such as hate, anger, sadness, and depression. He passed this on as a normal human trait, and didn’t bother telling his parents.

A freshman of High School, upon entering the corridors of what seemed a fresh new life he took a soothing breath in through his nostrils, closing his eyes, anticipating the moments to come. As he opened his eyes, however, he couldn’t help but notice a familiar figure trailing his vision ahead of him. No, it couldn’t be, was it the same egotistical loser from primary school? His suspicions only became confirmed as he took a few steps forward, examining him closer. Well shit.

James was blessed to not have any classes with him, but as soon as recess came along, contact was unavoidable with this monster of a human being. James stood in the corner of the school yard, munching on his packet of chips in solitude as he clicked away at his phone, listening to music. All of a sudden, his earphones were torn from his ears, his phone snatched from his grasp and his chips thrown to the floor, crushed by the foot of an unstoppable ego. James looked up at him in pure hatred at his motion, baring his teeth as his blood begin to boil like a kettle. The kid lunged forward to grasp at his arm, before quickly removing it, surprised at the temperature “Argh! What the fuck is with your arm!? Weird cunt!” the kid turned, yelling in an attempt to attract the attention of everyone in the school yard “Hey! Guys! I think Jimmy here’s a bit upset!”

The crowd in the schoolyard laughed along with the boy, James stood around in horror, the embarrassment getting to him, the anger, hate, sadness, all building up. James noticed a rise of temperature in his arms, along with his veins abruptly lighting up to his horror. The light quickly spreading to the palms of his hands, in pure uncontrollable reflex, he raised his right hand in level with the boy’s chest. A superheated chunk of pure plasma propelled from the palm of his hand, the bolt of searing heat turning the bully to ash. The bolt continued to rage on past the boy, massacring part of the crowd in front of James, and colliding with the school building.

James later passed out and was arrested later by SYDPOL, his custody was ordered to be transferred to the US Government. He was placed in magic binding shackles and put on a plane to DC, where he was schooled in regular curriculum and the school of destructive magic. James was one of the most responsive to training in his class of students from around the globe in what seemed like a prison, and in response to the rise of Vampirism and Lycanthropes in Los Angeles, James was transferred to work part time with FEAR and later the DECA to aid in the termination of hostile Fables in the area. He is property of the government, and there is nothing he can do about it.

Notes:

Thank you for reading my application! If you have any questions or queries don't hesitate to ask me on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/deargodhelpme

Last edited by nec on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

nec's Magic Application Empty Re: nec's Magic Application

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:23 am

Good RP'er but... Veteran in destructive magic already when it was said that magic was not only rare but hard to master makes me think that this may be a lil' early...
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:02 am

I'm fine with any rank tbh, I just thought it'd be cool with having a few high ranked characters to start off with to train others in different schools of magic.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 am

Thats actually how I imagine most magic users are discovered by the CIA or any organization under any government really "uhh yeah little timmy down the street threw lightning out of his hands, go investigate that shit"
    bzz5
    bzz5

Post by bzz5 Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:51 am

I have RP'd with Nec for almost a year now on separate servers, even after I've read the replies from everyone else I am still goin got plus one this soooo +1
    Alos, Nec is good with all kinds of RP from what I have observed over the last few months.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:07 pm

This is just like my magic user from the original setting I ported this over from, minus the part with plasma and melting people cause he was angry. Other than that its was EXACTLY like that.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:15 am

Sorry for the bump, but it's been a while since I last heard from anyone and I was wondering if this was still currently being considered?
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:23 am

Destruction is a very broad term. Could you specify it a bit? Are you talking about the ability to break down matter or what?

Also, in your backstory, your guy shoots plasma from his veins. Is he somehow protected from his own magic? If he able to touch things made by his magic would getting hurt? If not, surely his arm would be burned through and fall off.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:41 am

ZombieMesh wrote:Destruction is a very broad term. Could you specify it a bit? Are you talking about the ability to break down matter or what?

Also, in your backstory, your guy shoots plasma from his veins. Is he somehow protected from his own magic? If he able to touch things made by his magic would getting hurt? If not, surely his arm would be burned through and fall off.

The definition of destruction I'm aiming for is more so the destruction skill tree seen in the Elder Scrolls franchise (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Destruction).

Also, his veins lighting up is more of a notification that something relating to his abilities is about to occur, as if his 'magic' is surging through his veins and into his hands. And yes, due to the nature of magic, he would be able to come into contact with his own magic and come out unscathed, he would also have a high resistance to peaking temperatures due to his abilities. Hopefully this answers your questions!
    TyrGodOfWar98

Post by TyrGodOfWar98 Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:15 am

+ For Nec! He's a damn good RPer!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 am