Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Corporate Power

Absinthe
    Absinthe

Corporate Power Empty Corporate Power

Post by Absinthe Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:55 pm

Steam Name: Malak

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:21883565

How long have you been roleplaying?:
    Four  years, might be more now that I think of it. I've been saying four years for a while and this year is nearly over, I could be a bit cheeky and say 4.5 years Very Happy.

Any experience having this auth before?
    I've lead factions, co owned servers, currently direct a server in the making and have a great understanding for economy. I'm extremely creative in all things and I bring a business attitude to my own life, I see professionalism in everything and only when I am online or with close friends do I behave anything but professional. Does that answer your question?

What are you applying for?:

I'm applying for an extremely powerful company, and a character whom appropriates to that company, someone who will provide jobs for everyone, both criminals and non criminals. I am applying for his back story, access to trading flags and money to pay employees as well. The company will be the main source I think for players to get their goods, for stores to get their stock and for people to get income/jobs. I want to pump an economy into the server regardless of if you guys want to or not, because it's going to make things more fun.

I will also before spawning ANYTHING that could be seen as remotely overpowered, excessive or even before I decide on something like pay will seek outside advice, most likely from staff or multiple role players. Of course after a while once I get an extremely good feel that I can do things without messing with the server or making mistakes, rely on myself once I feel good and well about it.

Why should you have this?: Because someone has to do this and most of the greats on the server don't want to or are too busy, so I guess I will have to do it. Not that I'm not capable, running a company on server will be piss easy for me to be honest - I live and breathe roleplay.

I also have like a demon lord character and a spiritual warrior, I use to play a quarter demon as well as a criminal sort of contract killer back in the earlier times of my enlistment on the server. I've been trusted multiple times with risque characters and I always roleplay within the limitations that are set, never above, never out - exactly what is set. I've always been one to double check limitations and capabilities as to completely understand something, so much so, that I think Shanaro has a tumor named after me.

Backstory:

David Pierce is the executive CEO of a new corporation to strike out from the ground, the corporation itself is called Terra Corporation, otherwise known as TerraCo. TerraCo prioritizes itself as a large exporter of various products as well as a strong presence of scientific research within the whole American region, which includes the research of magic. TerraCo recruits a total of 1592 employees world wide, exports a total of four hundred and seventy shipping containers a day and imports only seventeen in return. The majority of the exported and imported goods of TerraCorp involve artifacts, ammunition, weapons, armor, chemicals and various other tools for war and mayhem. The company has a reputation for being hostile and rumors speculate about TerraCo payed assassinations, torture as well as bribery of state officials.

As of current it seems that TerraCo is dealing with a power struggle with the established government and seems to constantly sit on the edge of bankruptcy with the large amount of funding it puts into the companies research focused sub-division. Many see TerraCo as a communistic enterprise and others see it as necessary progress to keeping the world strong, in the now ever gloaming presence of fables and demons.

//

TerraCo is going to start off small as a presence within the server as the company will essentially buy land and prosper outward. A slow approach is required, even though technically TerraCo could just start off massive on the server, that's going to overwhelm people. A slow subtle approach allows people to get use to the idea and the presence of the company and gives the opportunity for jobs to be filled properly, instead of in a hurry. It also gives me time to think of how the company will work completely with the server as I watch people interact with the company as an entity, which will hopefully start provoking people to stop doing the things they were doing and perhaps get regular jobs. Not that everyone needs to, but I mean it can get boring sometimes when all you ever do is talk / kill creatures. Creating some roleplay for people could be fun.

I'm going to allow massive administrative intervention in the company and changes towards it, as long as I have my own input. I don't want it to be controlled by me and when it becomes larger, I'm going to assign someone to be the CEO, as I side, I'll play as an Executive. 

I also plan to enact reasons behind hunting beasts, for example, there might be a creature that has specific goals to it. Like TerraCo wants something alive, they want a piece of it or an artifact that it guards, for research purposes. This creates TRUE reason behind the killing of something other then just simple white knighting, it creates a market, income and a job. It also gives any people who work as scientists for TerraCo something to research and have fun with, which in turn keeps the wheel spinning. They'll use what they discover through TerraCo contracting to create things(Which will need approval) to be sold by TerraCo as a possible product. Cool right?

Anyhow feel free to criticize the fuck out of my attempt at establishing a company for the server that is so needed right now, that I don't intend to take full control off, but intend to lead until it becomes large enough that there'll be plenty of people interested in the position of CEO / official company holder(Or I could just ask G-Jay to do it.). This isn't specifically for me, it's charitable work for the server. I mean I'll probably have fun with this, but really, it's not for me, it's for everyone else.

Do you agree that you will use these responsibly, and understand these can be taken away at any time? Well if this gets approved I'd rather have a chat before it was taken down, because if it was obvious it needed to be taken down I'd do it myself honestly. If this gets established properly into the server and becomes something important, I'd rather have a discussion about it before removal.
    STALKER
    STALKER

Corporate Power Empty Re: Corporate Power

Post by STALKER Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 pm

+Support, I can see this creating some good roleplay on the server..
    Shanaro
    Shanaro

Post by Shanaro Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:34 am

Fuck. Yes.

+support
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:03 am

If anyone feels like it, they can be the Peter Weyland of the company, since I'm not always on - any takers? I'm going to play more as the CEO's shitty side kick, whom is involved in the background more or less(OOC/FORUMS).
    AtlasTheSpacePirate
    AtlasTheSpacePirate

Post by AtlasTheSpacePirate Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 am

+Support, I like the idea of this; it'd create some enjoyable roleplay situations.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:02 am

I am more motivated since I heard that certain players dislike that there are no jobs. I'd like to create some, criminal wise, perhaps create a sort of mega building that suppliers can work at to sell their books / whatever. Make it easy.

Also my demon lord gives off artifacts when people complete his puzzles - which means there's a profit that can be turned and the artifacts given off will be ones that would be perfect for scientific research within the Corporation.

Last edited by Absinthe on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Deathwoman
    Deathwoman

Post by Deathwoman Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 am

+Support, and I'd love to be CEO Very Happy
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:15 am

Approved by Tutt and we already talked about that you dopy, you're executive CEO - because the ACTUAL CEO would probably be sipping martinis in like a forty foot sky scraper in Chicago. Doing TED talks and shit or participating in dinners, not getting his hands dirty and involving himself directly with people. 

I'm also playing as the Branch Manager now and I'll be handling everything until you get a good idea. While you will be IC'ly the exec, I'll be telling you what to do until I feel like the company is ready - because it is my vision and controlled by me until I feel like I can leave it alone and let the players on the server control it.

I want a mini weyland industries here, I want scientists torturing a demonic fable and cutting out it's limbs in a secret lab to discover it's secrets. I want hitmen being hired to kill people who have seen too much of the company(NLR), I want criminals to find work with the company in anything illegal, including guarding or mercenary work.

I want regular people to find employment as managers, assistants, ambassadors or store owners. The company will make direct contact with all stores and this is how IC'ly everyone gets their stock. I also think it'd be great to set up like a complex for all the stores/shops to be in, under the banner of the company. While it means everyone has to go to the same place to buy things, it also means it's obvious where all the trading is going on and it's easier for people to come to own stores or sell their product with the assistance of the company in terms of OOC and IC.

It'll also be interesting to constantly have the police badger and investigate the company for evidence of the many illegal activities they'll be doing around fables as well as people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm