Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

TERRA CORP - Creating A Better World [Corporate Faction]

Absinthe
    Absinthe

TERRA CORP - Creating A Better World [Corporate Faction] Empty TERRA CORP - Creating A Better World [Corporate Faction]

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:32 am

Remove this thread

Last edited by Absinthe on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:26 am; edited 4 times in total
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

TERRA CORP - Creating A Better World [Corporate Faction] Empty Re: TERRA CORP - Creating A Better World [Corporate Faction]

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 am

Nope.

Last edited by Absinthe on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

TERRA CORP - Creating A Better World [Corporate Faction] Empty Re: TERRA CORP - Creating A Better World [Corporate Faction]

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 am

You know what'd be cool? If I could get a child board for this thing, because I'll probably need one thread for like OOC information and one for like data, things like bank accounts, rank, names, contracts, etc.
    Hagrid
    Hagrid

Post by Hagrid Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 am

Sounds like a nice idea Very Happy I like the way that it seems to be more science based, rather than how the Gognitti may operate. Nonetheless, #Gognitti4lyf
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:10 pm

This is a real corporation, applied for via forums. It'll be handling just about everything almost, Gognitti sadly won't be able to compete to be honest. Even in terms of OOC, I'm not even remotely done with the threads, if I can get a child board I'm going to outshine D.E.C.A. in terms of information and such. Code of practice, ethical issues, standard pay, the whole bang.
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Post by Kavinsky Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:16 pm

So it's a scientific research company that tortures people, pays to have people assassinated, and manufactures armor, ammunition, chemicals, weapons of war (WMDs or chemical/biological weapons?) and has a presence in America.

Wouldn't the U.S. government deem you all as crazy and attempt to eradicate you?
    Hagrid
    Hagrid

Post by Hagrid Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 pm

^ TBF he has a point :p
    Hagrid
    Hagrid

Post by Hagrid Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Sure, this may be a corporation, however a single crime family can dominate entire countries, for example the Sicilian mafia. I'm not attempting to slander your ideas, but I'm not going to allow you to shunt the Gognitti family/mafia so easily from eyesight.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:30 pm

That was never confirmed, it's speculation, there's no confirmation of torture and they don't actually. I said what people THINK they do, it's not exactly what they do. Also the majority of goods aren't sold as of yet and require tweeking, which means going to D.E.C.A. and finding out what's okay to sell to whom, who will be needing permits for what, etc.

The company is perfectly legal, except for some of the research  they do, that's risque but no one would ever know about it and you know, maybe if someone actually found out about all their dirty secrets they'd have a case to sue the company or have it taken down.

Assassinations are not something that might even happen, it'll probably be the other way around for us.

ALSO when did I EVER say that we would make:

chemicals, weapons of war (WMDs or chemical/biological weapons?)

Jesus christ - when? The most dangerous thing they could sell is a machine gun with a possible enchantment and that's probably, never happening in any case. In future READ thoroughly through the thread, because I have no idea where you got that from. I talked this out with Tutt, he made it clear if they were caught doing illegal acts they face punishment.

The government can fuck them up, but that's only on server and only if it's not meta gamed. In any case I do want the comments in here removed by an administrator if possible as it's cluttering the thread, I'll make a CLEAR MESSAGE that the following that was stated is not completely truthful.

Also lastly as a note... Kavinsky. Even if they were as bad as you dramatized them to be, why the hell would the U.S. government just start killing every employee within the company, that's a war crime. Also, again, my god, where did you get WMD's from? WHERE?

Also please delete the comments, this is meant to be where people will apply for jobs, not read an argument. I mean it's authorized, it's done and it's just going to be tested on the server. This isn't a proposal and it isn't completely IC, we get OOC help and administrators will be free to intervene as because it's not for me - it's for other people. I mean I guess I enjoy it somewhat, spending hours writing or thinking about the corporation - but on server, I do lose time and my characters don't get a huge benefit from it. I can't give my own characters job, I have to be doing it for other people, but in that reward everyone will be having fun and my empathy towards strangers who's characters don't have jobs or an ideal economy will go at ease.

Also Yuri, you know honestly - they will be hiring mercenaries and it's ideal that they did contracts with your group.

It provides jobs for criminals and non criminals, it's a source of economy and immersion for where products come from.

While you know, in MODERN day times, in real life this probably wouldn't happen to realistically in America, even though it happens in Japan. But this isn't real life roleplay, there are fables everywhere and we aren't realistic down to the bone. If we want something or we need something, we have it and we don't destroy them by saying it's not what would happen if this was real. Because none of this is real, magic is not real and in the same sense that magic can exist  here, a corporation should be able to pull off illegal crimes(Not torture.) and not be shut down as a faction for it.

If this becomes something that's important and realistic on the server, something necessary. Basis of minor realism like that corporations can't exactly get away from everything cuz government, is an action I'd prefer to ignore, because it's counter productive to the server to remove something that has great benefit OOC - on the basis of an IC issue. The point can be argued to death, because we're in a fictional universe and all that matters is does it work in terms of OOC and does the roleplay IC make sense?

Like Shanaro said, people come to this server to escape their lives and basing something on the exact of real life is just boring as hell. I'd rather see this whole faction burn then become a regular corporation. It's going to have science, it's going to be like Weyland industries and we're going to create awesome technology, because it's fun and WE CAN. I'm not going to create a corporation that never gives criminal characters work, never creates anything fun in terms of science and only has mediocre goals. Because no one wants to be PART of that faction if it is like that, I wouldn't want to join. You know what's fun? A company that's based on a cool visionary called Peter Weyland, based on the ideals that great people will do great things, because they simply want to.

I'll leave you with this. Does NanoTransen in space station 13 make sense? No it doesn't and there's a lot of reasons why it doesn't make sense in comparison to what would happen in reality, but it works and it's lovely, it's fun and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by Absinthe on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig

Post by Yuri Sergig Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 pm

I do enjoy the concept of this clandestine agenda behind this coporation that you are etablishing, it is not a concept that I have seen that many of. However I do hope it won't become like some Umbrella corp, as it would shadow what the roleplay is about. In any regards I don't mind seeing what you can bring to the table.

Also Hagrid, there is a difference between a corporation, and a crime syndicate. But in any regards I must agree to the point Kavinsky made. If the corporation is as mighty as described, it would likely attract more attention, then wanted. If it keeps to researching fable techology, and production of experimental science it would be a very intressting result however.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Just as an understanding I want the company to HIRE criminals, AKA you. I want them to give out jobs, both temporary and permenant, that are related to either distribution or research. This is meant to be controlled by the players once we get lots of people in it and the store owners, this whole thing's just going to mold in like a set piece. As long as we get the end result of what I am trying to aim for here, which is a corporation that can provide lots of things for the players, from players - then I'm fine with changes. I mean I'd prefer if it remind in the sort of Weyland Industries style, since watching Prometheus inspired me greatly to go on this painful journey where I stay up until 2 AM writing for this damn faction twice in a row. But whatever, I also have much greater ambitions that will be taking priority over running a PBG.

This will work, it will create genuine roleplay - all on the condition that I am smart with who I let control the corporation at the start so that as it's not ruined internally by bad leadership.

NOW AS I DO ALWAYS - PLEASE, REMOVE ALL THESE COMMENTS. WHEN I WAKE UP I WILL COMPLETELY RE DO THE THREAD. FROM NOW ON PLEASE GOD NO ONE COMMENT ON HERE ABOUT THE ISSUE BEING BROUGHT UP ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT OR THE MAFIA. THIS IS APPROVED AND IT WILL BE TAKEN DOWN WHEN IT ACTUALLY FAILS. No one needs to be debating it's existence because it now exists, the branch being established where the players are at will start off small and gradually grow until it reaches full maturity. Delete the comments, this will all be handled on server and until people see the company in action or see actual negative consequence then I don't want anything on here. Even then, make a thread about it, I barely have enough room on the one thread as it is without comments.

Last edited by Absinthe on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Post by Kavinsky Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Absinthe, I never said they'd go and 'kill' everyone in the company, and.. how can it be a war crime if there isn't a war, and this company is on their own soil? Your terminology could use some work.

And they -do- seem as bad as I made them out to be, they seem like a Corporation that's trying to be a 'legal' black market or some doom fortress mofo's.

Also if they hired criminals to do criminal work, and those criminals got caught, wouldn't it easily be discovered that Terra was behind it? People squeal quite often if it'll save their own skin.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Also the leader thing is just that I put unlimited as they control what comes in and out. Personally... I'd be very surprised if the directors had anything too dangerous. Also guns aren't being put in yet and right now, IC'ly, they haven't even purchased land, set up shop, contacted D.E.C.A. - brought in extra employees, created jobs, contacted a mafia, or even have goods to sell in this area. And that is only the IC stuff, I'm going to OOC'ly talk to administration of course on the fine details of what we'll sell, to who, etc. Because while it is IC, the OOC matters more then anything else, being careless and tossing weapons around at ourselves, employees or just players in general "Because durr ic is ic" is something I will NEVER let happen. I'd spear the man with my own two  hands responsible for those actions.

But yeah I can see misunderstanding with the directors, I put unlimited because as an idea - they don't really buy anything specifically and they just live for the company. Once I actually work out what the Terra Dollar sort of exchange rate and how much things will be worth, I'll put in how much the Directors have. As of now, putting in a number would just be guessing to me. I could say they have 100 Terra dollars, but without a knowledge of the sale prices for Terra goods are, that 100 dollars could either buy you 100 guns or .001 guns. Like I said - I'll work it out when I wake up.

I wanted to do the own currency thing honestly because I knew, that admins all had fuck tons of money and there were players out there with fuck tons of cash too. It was the only way I could think of other then making everything mega fucking expensive to buy. I can keep track of how much money there is and change the prices accordingly, I know people didn't just asspull the money because they did roleplay to gain it through either trading with someone who has money or by working for the company itself.

It's the idea that every dollar you make, you worked hard for - or someone else did. It's real money.
    Hagrid
    Hagrid

Post by Hagrid Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm

That's fair enough; but if all your produce requires 'Terra Dollars', how do you expect to make money? By giving out weapons etc. in return for 'Terra Dollars', you're effectively losing money from the company? It's like taking money from a monopoly set and trying to use it in a  store, whilst giving away stuff worth actual money?
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Kavinsky wrote:Absinthe, I never said they'd go and 'kill' everyone in the company, and.. how can it be a war crime if there isn't a war, and this company is on their own soil? Your terminology could use some work.

And they -do- seem as bad as I made them out to be, they seem like a Corporation that's trying to be a 'legal' black market or some doom fortress mofo's.

Also if they hired criminals to do criminal work, and those criminals got caught, wouldn't it easily be discovered that Terra was behind it? People squeal quite often if it'll save their own skin.

1. Please stop commenting on this thread.

2. You're making something that's already hard to do, MUCH harder then it already is by trying to over complicate the faction.

3. This isn't entirely based on real life and many companies, including japanese ones get away with things much worse then assassinations all the time.

4. There are too many companies and corporations around America to keep a track of, as well as keep track of fables, humans, crimes, civic issues and the rest of the bullshit in the world. It's not like there's an empty piece of paper and Terra Corp sitting on the other end waving all their secrets around on their dicks.

5. This works absolutely and completely in theory, for OOC purposes and making the server better. Why do you want it to just fail so badly? Like really? Do you want this to not benefit anyone? Can't you just actually see what happens on server since it's already authorized? Do you want to be a juxtaposition of a lore supremest? I dealt with a lot of that when I did game mastering for servers, when I constructed things, they made everything really difficult to do on really tiny technicalities of something not working absolutely to how things happen in real life or exactly to the lore that we followed. What's trying to be achieved here should be the focus, not if it is realistic to the dot on real life standards, because no one is going to actually do something like that.

I really don't know many people who'd enjoy it that much, the realistic version of a corporation or a large company that only did really basic research that was like real life and never involved itself in criminal matters. I mean, what about criminal characters? I'm just meant to ignore the fact that there are a bunch of people who joined the server and wanted to roleplay as mercenaries and hitmen, but NEVER GET ANY JOBS. Like oh sorry guys, but your needs for your characters don't outweigh the fact of everything making absolute sense, even though we roleplay in a modern fantasy setting. I can't give you jobs, I can't let you do purposeful paid criminal work and I can't do any research that doesn't involve making something boring like a car battery that has double the capacity.

This isn't based on what I want, I have what I want and I enjoy my characters. This is about what people need on the server and what can be done to make the roleplay better. Believe it or not, I do self sacrifice to try and push this forward because I have to put myself out there and shove it forward, not just as a simple group but as an attempt to make the server better or different. I've been doing it long enough that I know that this will work and that the universe bends around the roleplay, because the roleplay and the genuine feeling of entertainment is what really matters in everything.

I want other people to control it, not me, I want to create foundations and leave the rest to everyone else. People have said that we need companies, I've argued on the suggestions about us needing this and people have agreed before, we need it. It's been applied for, it's succeeded and it's going to have LIGHT to it, a chance for Terra to at the very least inspire more roleplay.

Like just as a last paragraph. Are we all really satisfied with walking around, acting edgy, talking, fighting bad guys and repeating the cycle? Why not add more to what you can do? We can't just do that forever, no matter what, things get boring and change is the determination of survival for anything.

Nothing's set in stone and nothing has happened IC as of yet, there is no paid land, the way the currency will work is just an idea as of now and does not properly exist. I've had barely enough time to proof read it because I've spent the past hour arguing with people, when I could just be improving on the thread. Instead it's sitting there still, without appropriate modifications because I'm here defending the point.

So stop commenting, PM me about it if it's really important and you are concerned with it. Terra Dollars can be figured out, but personally it's still a better idea then actual money. We have no idea how many millionaires are running around on the server who have done jack shit for their cash, that could run into a store and buy whatever they want.

There is no economy in the server, using real money doesn't work and you might think Terra doesn't get anything in return and just hands things out by compared to people who were handed money for nothing or gave themselves money, they do get something, someone worked for TD and it has real representation as income. It's better then the current system, because anyone who has money has gained it from admins who gave themselves money through a command - unless they made a character application for it, which would be surprising if I ever met that person. But honestly... just do not comment, delete all this damn gibberish and let me refine the bloody faction so that it works. I don't want to waste time commenting and commenting and commenting repeatedly, when I could just be making the thread itself BETTER. ENOUGH.
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Post by Kavinsky Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 pm

1. No? This is an open forum, I have the right and ability to post inquiries about a faction that wasn't even authorized that you claimed it was multiple times, in order to ask for elaboration on any details or have things ironed out as I see fit.

2. No, I'm ensuring something doesn't end up as 'lol evil', 'lol we have guns', as a generic bad guy big wig corporation that the Government would for whatever reason completely ignore every illegal or shady aspect of for.. absolutely no reason.

3. Really? Which Japanese companies? Assassination is bad, yeah, arms dealing and chemical smuggling is worse. One's the death of a single person or small group, the other can fuel a war.

4. ... No there isn't? I'm pretty sure there is absolutely zero legitimate corporations operating in the U.S. and doing business in the U.S. that the government just cannot keep track of. They enjoy collecting taxes, they're gonna know you exist, especially if you're big enough to sell friggin' weapons, armor and chemicals. That's a giant flashing neon sign that says 'notice me senpai'.

5. You really, really have to stop putting words in my mouth if you want me to give you the slightest bit of support and faith, because honestly from what you've displayed I wouldn't trust you being in charge of something like this, despite how much of a good idea you make it out to be. It would work in theory if you fleshed out the details we talked about and understood the point behind our criticism. No, I don't want this to fail, that's why I'm providing you with criticism now so that someone on the server doesn't bring it up mid-game and starts a shit-storm, it's a really simple concept. Realism isn't the issue, common sense is. I've been an admin of every rank at other communities, and I've even either run a couple or helped run a few including this one, I know what it's like, I get that people want something new and mysterious and exciting every now and then, but you know what else I realized? That despite giving people exactly what they want, there's still a chance they'll want it to crash and burn because they aren't completely satisfied, and I'm not saying they'll do that with this, but if there's multiple things in this group that stand out as a concern for me then you can bet your ass that someone else is going to take notice of it too.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 pm

1. I'm not addressing one because it's sound.

2. I'm addressing 2, I don't exactly want anything to be like that or lol we're evil. The company is meant to  be purposeful and have a focus on advancing the world forward through it's research.

3. Actually it was never stated arm dealing was something that would ever become an occurrence and - really where did you get the chemicals smuggling from?

4. Sound point - although no chemicals, really, where?

5. I talked it out somewhat with Pixie and he seemed to want to slash everything out almost. At this point I want it to do Research and that it's, since that is all I can think of that could create some jobs that are legal, long term as well as not boring. Everything else wont be done.

6. I don't lead the company, someone else is going to, I'm tied up with my own personal work. The point is that a company needs to exist that creates some interesting jobs for people ranging from something like being an assistant, to giving bodyguards jobs or just letting someone play scientist with all the interesting things that could be researched. I mean - this, the idea of a company that provides people with something to do that isn't what they do already is needed. I'm not talking giving people desk jobs or something that will just bore them, I am saying letting them do interesting work that is compelling and meaningful, which is where the research comes in.

I said as long as we can keep a sort of Weyland style to it and that people can find work that provides genuinely fun roleplay then I don't care if the thing is renamed, the logo is removed or even if the rank system is changed.

Last edited by Absinthe on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Post by Kavinsky Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 pm

3/4. Your initial post. "involve artifacts, ammunition, weapons, armor, chemicals and various other tools for war and mayhem."

5. See that? That's fine, that's /easy/. It's the rest all at once that you'd have to worry about. Research is easier to keep hidden especially the more shady ones as you won't have a government agent watching everything you do in your building 24/7 especially if you haven't given them a reason to be concerned.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Edited.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm