Lore complaints/question thread (not really a suggestion but idk)

Pixie Replacement
    Admin

Lore complaints/question thread (not really a suggestion but idk)

Post by Pixie Replacement on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:39 pm

I've been told by other admins (literally zero other players, mind) that some people have complaints/worries/questions about the lore, or input for how they think it should go. As such, i'm making this thread as the general base, where i'll try to either answer, amend, or remove aspects. Go ahead and keep it informal, i'd prefer if no specific characters were bashed, try to keep it general unless it's a huge thing.

Re: Lore complaints/question thread (not really a suggestion but idk)

Post by ZombieMesh on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Regarding the lore move to Georgia:

ZombieMesh wrote:An entire city population is moved from LA, to Georgia. That's literally the other side of the country. How did everyone not eat eachother? You have a convoy full of vampires, werewolves, humans, and a horse taking a cross-country road-trip together. Also, 6 months? That's way too long of a time skip.

ZombieMesh wrote:As Pixie said, the map is temporary, but Pixie also said that when we change to the new map, the map change event will be the same (not the goo, the convoy). I was going to go over everything wrong with this and the map, but I'll just summarize.

We map switch to a city, but actually we're still in Georgia in a rural town that's mostly lawless and bandits live in the forest.
    Does that make any sense?
    Are we still going to rp it as a rural town?

How to fix this.
    Void everything after the goo event.
    Pixie says he doesn't want to, but I'm willing to collaborate with others to write a new intro/canon. This canon would take into consideration  the new map and also the various types of characters.

It also would be neat to introduce a Department of
    Magical Affairs (I just gave it that name). In the current canon, the government keeps track of all magic users and tried to keep a list of demon legs. So far, they've been non existent and all magic users basically run free. Since the map is new, it would be a good time to introduce them into the server. I'd be happy to write stuff up and help run it with others like Fuzzy Wolf or Shanaro. It would be neat to see the magic government officials in the server. Plus, on the forums where we can see an actual roster of magic users and also info that can be updated. They'd work with DECA and probably share space in the Nexus, if the map has one. Would be neat.

So, tl;dr? If you can't be assed to void it and rewrite it, let others do it so its not garbage. Also, Magic faction would be neat.

Various pieces of unwritten/ignored lore:
    Right now, the current demon/magic lore is the one Major Tom wrote. Hardly anyone follows it and it tends to be ignored. Shanaro's lore isn't all that great, imo, and it's also not regarded as canon. The server has devolved to allowing anything get authed, even if there's no canon lore for it or it goes against canon lore, and that causes conflict between characters. For instance, people complained that Annie isn't affected by holy magic, yet there is no lore that explains holy magic or its limits or what its suppose to affect. Each character is going by their own set of custom rules, save for a few, and it just makes a mess. Vampires and Lycans are forced to comply to pre-set rules, why not everything else?

Things happening without explanation or voting:
    Examples of are: Fables getting rights, FEAR being disbanded, DECA being downgraded. There is no prior rp or events to this happening, it just happens. Fables suddenly get rights? No protests? No news coverage? Gays can't even marry in every state yet all of a sudden vampires and werewolves are suddenly treated as humans? There was no build up, it just happened. Also would be nice if major lore changed were voted on before hand instead of shit just being changed and everyone being forced to conform to it.

Department of Magic
    Current magic lore states that all magic users are tracked by the government and regulated by it, yet I see no attempt to do so in the server? Tutt said that there are government agents, but the characters that were named, as far as I can see, either don't do their jobs or don't have a list of rules to go by. There is no magic roster that lists everyone magical ability and current status. I don't see any list of regulations or rules for agents working under the government. How to fix this? Create a forum for a Department of Magic or w/e. Have rules listed for official government agents and a roster of magic users and ect. I know Mindpower suggested a faction that basically does this. It would be neat to see scientists out trying to research the different magics and an actual organized way to deal with naughty magic users/ keep all magic users under watch.

I probably have more stuff, but I can't think of it right now.
    Also, don't say that players haven't been complaining. Look anywhere on the forums and there's tons of complaints.
    Mindpower

Post by Mindpower on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:16 pm

ZombieMesh wrote:Department of Magic
    Current magic lore states that all magic users are tracked by the government and regulated by it, yet I see no attempt to do so in the server? Tutt said that there are government agents, but the characters that were named, as far as I can see, either don't do their jobs or don't have a list of rules to go by. There is no magic roster that lists everyone magical ability and current status. I don't see any list of regulations or rules for agents working under the government. How to fix this? Create a forum for a Department of Magic or w/e. Have rules listed for official government agents and a roster of magic users and ect. I know Mindpower suggested a faction that basically does this. It would be neat to see scientists out trying to research the different magics and an actual organized way to deal with naughty magic users/ keep all magic users under watch.

I probably have more stuff, but I can't think of it right now.
    Also, don't say that players haven't been complaining. Look anywhere on the forums and there's tons of complaints.

If allowed, I could boost my PMC to a secret government organization and make it the Department of Supernatural Encounters. This mean we'd deal with fables, demons, angels and magic users and we'd have access to top-grade military and anti-fable technology.
    Shanaro

Post by Shanaro on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:33 am

Pixie is lazy (Love u bb) and hasn't made my demon and magick lore official yet by moving it even though he should have awhile ago, hence why my name pops up a lot when people ask magic and demon related questions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:16 pm