Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Mindpower
ZombieMesh
6 posters

Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals?

Poll

Should Angels and Demons of matching rank be proportionally equals?

[ 6 ]
    Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Bar_left67%Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Bar_left33%Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Bar_left0%Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 9
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Empty Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals?

Post by ZombieMesh Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:48 am

Example:
    Proportionally: a half angel and a half demon would be equal in power. The power might be divided differently.
    Half-angel might be more magically powerful than a half-demon, but a half demon is more physically powerful.

Basically, Angels and Demons have the same number of ranks and, thus, each rank is proportional to their opposite. Demon Lord and Archangel would be equally matched, but have a different division of powers.
    Mindpower
    Mindpower

Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Empty Re: Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals?

Post by Mindpower Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:21 pm

I was thinking along the lines of Angels being able to instantly master how to use any kind of weapon and enchant it with magic. In turn, they are weaker physically and have access to less magic than Demons but more powerful versions. In turn, demons are stronger and faster physically and can persuade people better, being able to access their thoughts, memories and emotions. Furthermore, each of them have access to a special kind of fire. Holy Fire and Fel Fire, for Angels and Demons respectively.
    Shanaro
    Shanaro

Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals? Empty Re: Angels vs Demons: Should they be equals?

Post by Shanaro Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Both demons and angels already have the potential to be equal in power, they use the same basic form of magick and powers as each other, one just does so in a more pure way while the other uses darker magick, I don't believe it's been said anywhere that demons are more powerful than angels.
    Deathwoman
    Deathwoman

Post by Deathwoman Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:32 pm

From the way the apps are set up, it seems that way.
    Shanaro
    Shanaro

Post by Shanaro Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 am

I didn't set up the apps, I suppose I'll release angel lore as well, if anyone has any suggestions/additions to the angel or demon lore PM me via forums and I'll incorporate them
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:54 am

But Elia is writing the angel lore?
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:55 am

Something that seems to bug me is the various opinions on demons. Like seriously so many people have varying opinions, some getting into arguments because they don't match the biblical meaning for demons and others getting into arguments because they don't match the mythological meaning or the lore that they placed in their character application.
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:13 am

Demons Vs Angels RP
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:10 am

Just like as a reminder the only angelic characters belong to myself and Elia, personally I don't get on that much and I rarely do anything along the lines of angelic activities. They aren't really a thing at all to be honest, demons are for sure, but angels are almost non existent. Which is a good thing in my eyes because seriously, I get Zombie and Elia want angels to be a big thing or whatever, or to be like a race as regular or nearso to demons. I mean any regular human can still kill demons, they can use magic, bullets or faith - nephilim are better at it, but not so much that they need to be the only thing that can stop a demon.

I support the idea that full demons and demon lords should be really hard to kill, because the fact is whenever a demon shows up and I have SEEN THIS AS I HAVE A DEMON LORD. You get like eight players or the whole fucking server trying to kill this one demon, most of them are magical, most of them have guns. Demons need to be strong enough to deal with the giant horde of white knights, otherwise there is no challenge at all for the players. I mean you've all played against antagonists, like - when was the last time you saw multiple people die? I don't think I've ever seen that, I've seen singular people die once in like an eternity.

Demons respectively if they ever  get into combat, which is what they are really purposed for, need to be able to handle what comes at them. Because if you treat the situation like a demon is just going to be fighting one Nephilim, by themselves, then it's wrong. Because I don't think I've ever seen combat RP, between anyone, where it's only TWO people - ever. It's always one big group against one small group, or in the case of a demon the server versus this one antagonist player.

I want them to be strong, because that's fair and it creates challenge. People should feel like they need to be challenged, to plan, to group and to do more then just /me shoots gun /me magic woooooooo. They are the bosses you fight, those guys you grind for hours to prepare for in all those MMROPG's, that require you to really work hard to take down.

Old One Eye is a good example of someone who is hard to kill, someone who even in the face of multiple people can still fuck them up even if they use magic or bullets.

But this is also about antagonists in general, there's a large swarm of white knights on the server that exist and they all like to group together to take down the big boss. Well I mean, don't you guys get sick of winning all the time? Getting out with mediocre or minor injuries that heal in like a day or two? What about death? Fear? The fact that you are really risking your life and flipping a coin by putting yourself into a really dangerous situation. That big group headed towards the house with the demon, could possibly die there, that's something.

I mean personally if I was an owner I'd make some events have mandatory death, as in, someone almost absolutely has to die unless there's good reason behind them not dying. Maybe even have events where multiple people die, to give people this idea that they aren't indestructible and that playing the hero is now just a word for dying early in life.

EDIT:

I WILL ALSO TAKE THE TIME TO ADDRESS SOMETHING.

Skills = Something you develop over time and have perfected through persistence. Real skill, comes from pressing hours upon hours towards something and doing said thing, the right as opposed to the easy way.

Talent = Something you are born with, which can never really match up to skill because it is undeveloped.

Everyone thinks the race they are, how they were born, who their dogs sister was - is really important. I am so sick of that mentality, in both life and in server, people thinking your natural born talents are what define everything. Your talents don't mean fucking crap, how you develop them into skills, that matters. What you do with your time and how you act purposely with your life to work hard on whatever it is that you have a passion for, is what makes you better then other people.

In the same sense that just because you are a type of race, does not mean that you automatically better then other races. You could be a Nosferatu Sanguine and you might be fighting an Adept Augustine, but that Adept Augustine might condition their body to a ridiculous extent more then you so that they could kick your ass across the hallway like a little bunny rabbit. There are people right now who are six times stronger then us, people who can smash their fists through bricks like it's nothing and they aren't genetically special, they just trained to do it. They developed a skill and advanced on it, people need to focus on the characters developed skills, instead of their natural born talents.

I always supported skills and I dealt with people who didn't give a fuck. In combat their first questions was what rank the character was, or their race. If I brought up their training, they didn't give a fuck, it was like it didn't matter. It didn't matter what the character did their entire life, what kind of dedication they would of gone through, all that matters to people is who they were born as, not who they became.

I'll also give you another example, right now there is a 90 year old chinese man walking around Hong Kong. He is frail, he looks weak and his extremely skinny and short. He exercises his tendons so that they he doesn't have to rely on his muscles to do sudden movements, in his earlier years he did not exercise his tendons and instead bashed his arms/hands against metallic rods for .5 - 1.5 hours a day, depending on how good he felt.

He could kill you and every single one of your friends, in a small confined room, without even trying and only have to hit each person once in the chest to kill them(It'd take him maybe 5-8 seconds to do it, depending on how many friends you have. That's not an exaggeration either.). That isn't because he's the hulks son, it's because he dedicated his life to a martial art. He's deadly because he went through immense amounts of pain to do something that most people could not stomach when he was younger, to persist even to a point where at the end of the day his muscles were so fatigued that he couldn't raise his arms.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:27 pm

I think that people have this misconception that angels would be protagonists.
    So far, we don't have any angels.
    We have Neph, which are only a certain percentage Angel, just like there are half demons walking around. 

Elia pointed out to me that Angels would probably hate everything but pure humans. They even view Neph as unholy/disgusting because they are impure. Basically, any angel is going to hate 80% of the server's characters because they don't fit their definition of something that should exist, which means that they are an antagonist to 80% of the server. Sure, some angels might be less obliged to actually go out to attack other characters, just like some demons don't do that either, but you're also going to have angels that will go out of their way to protect humans and attack non-humans. I don't think they should be common, just like I don't think demons should be common. Maybe they'd be event only. Or maybe only the more aggressive ones are event and more docile ones could be very rare. 
    It's a bit odd that there are demons on the server and half demons, but suddenly angels are banned even though there are half angels.

As for the mandatory death, while I see where you're coming from, but it's a terrible idea for the most part. I do not support NLR with my characters unless under certain circumstances because, plot wise, it makes no sense if your best friend witnessed you death, grieved, and then realized you were alive. But that's just me.
    People are very fond of their characters. Each character has a little story and list of relationships and and plots they've been apart of and ideas they want to do. It can be very upsetting to have that taken away from them without their consent, especially if it was meaningless. People like to be in control of when they put their character to rest. There are certain cases where only a PK would make sense and should be done, like if a group of characters have a personal reason to go out a kill a character, or a character that has PKed another character dies, and a few others things, but for the most part it should be up to the player. Like I said, I PK all my characters because it makes sense story wise, and I think more people should follow that ideology, but only a certain PKs should be enforced.
     If you have an event that goes out and says "if you die, you're PKd," either people will refuse to participate in fear of losing their character, or people will pull shit out of their ass to escape death. 

I think a few other people and myself talked about PKing in another thread in suggestion, I'd check it out.
    Mindpower
    Mindpower

Post by Mindpower Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:55 pm

I'd write a lot more, but I'm not feeling that well right now so I'll keep it short. Yesterday I had the only situation of Combat RP that was actually enjoyable. I don't know how many died and I don't really care if they died or didn't but I liked how everyone took hits and let the other people there ever shot. Above everything, I'd like to congratulate Elia on how formidable her Combat RP was and how she just gave up on fighting as soon as I basically terrorized her by ripping someone she loved in half in front of her. After that, I had combat RP with Pixie, keep in mind these were two extremely powerful beings fighting one another and it was one heck of a fun RP, yet none of us died because in the end, we realized that the fight was useless.

What I'm trying to say is: If you get into combat RP you don't have to die or the other person doesn't have to die and you certainly don't have to rely on a bunch of whiteknights to come by 'accidentally' because let's face it... There's nothing more annoying to an antagonist than when you are fighting someone or trying to do something evil to create RP for the server and suddenly you are swarmed by 3-5 whiteknights that seemingly appeared out of thin air, thank god that didn't happen but it was close to. I was fairly satisfied and pleasantly surprised when I realized that the people that arrived on the scene were not whiteknights but normal people that either chose to stay out of the fight or RP'ed it realistically.

Anyway, back on topic guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:27 am