Things need a fixing!

    Share

    Greene180

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2014-08-05

    Things need a fixing!

    Post by Greene180 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:26 am

    First off, I'd like to say there's multiple things that need a fixing about the server. I'm trying to be fair about this, but after recent events it's blatantly obvious things are one-sided and unfair to the playerbase itself. Right so let's begin explaining what I mean

    Firstly, Hunters have no purpose. What I mean by that is hunters cannot do their job, ever. We've gotten to a point in the server where the vampires are now an ultra-OP circle jerk that hunters cannot fight for a few reasons. One, they have more people. Two, they're ultra powerful by themselves, adding them into a team makes it more OP than before. And three, they're all admins. Yes, I said it. You'll notice the majority of admins are vampire characters. Pixie, Raik, Kavinsky, Bourenco, Val, and Nicky. Let's name the admins that don't have vampire characters; JiiBB. See where the imbalance comes in? See, when admins make all the decisions on what does and doesn't happen, now when you have all the admins on a vampire bias, you can't do anything against them. Any fights end in the admins saying "It happens this way..." and usually that leans towards the vampires because they ARE the vampires. So it becomes extremely hard to do anything against them ever.

    And Vampires are OP, here's why... They aren't killed, ever. We shoot them with vervain bullets, you know what it does? It makes it sting a little more for them, nothing more. Retarded, right? Their only weakness and it only hurts them and gives them an ouchie when they're SHOT with it. So what can we do against this mass swarm of teams who are admins? Nothing... Just sit there and get raped.

    Now, how I propose to fix this? Get some of the admins playing other things and take a more neutral stand point. That would be a start. Also, give more downsides to being a vampire in combat, because we can't even fight one of them with an entire team as we should be able to. Also, remove most of them guns from vampires, they're OP enough without having silver ammo, and kevlar destroying super bullets.

    Hunters are something to be feared, not something to be ignored and told "Lel fuck off, I'll get my crew on you." because if you do that, there's no point of even having hunters on the server, and ruins the entire point of them. If we don't fix this, it'll become a worse vampire circlejerk than it already is.

    Edit: Also, OOC power should mean nothing IC. Looking at you, admins. I don't like watching a civilian order police and hunters around merely because he's admin OOC.

    Flash100

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Flash100 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:32 am

    i am always fair despite being a vampire.

    Greene180

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2014-08-05

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Greene180 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:44 am

    Flash100 wrote:i am always fair despite being a vampire.

    One person definition of fair doesn't often allign with anothers.
    avatar
    Pixie
    Admin

    Posts : 59
    Join date : 2014-07-26

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Pixie on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 am

    The getting rid of guns half makes sense to me, but you have to remember that some hunters literally do "/me empties his clip in on straight at the face." if we tried to rush them.

    Greene180

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2014-08-05

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Greene180 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:40 am

    Pixie wrote:The getting rid of guns half makes sense to me, but you have to remember that some hunters literally do "/me empties his clip in on straight at the face." if we tried to rush them.

    Yeah, but the point is hunters shouldn't be something you have to or want to fight. They're supposed be the things that keep vampires and lycans in check via fear of indeed having a clip emptied into their face. Not saying it's fair to do so, by any means though, but vampires are the ruling force currently.
    avatar
    Shanaro

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Shanaro on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:18 am

    What needs to happen is people need to roleplay vampires more realalistically, they can still go into shock from pain, verveian bullets would do this, its massive trama not a booboo, the kinetic force from the rounds alone would cause quite a bit of damage.

    It's not that vampires are to OP, it's that there are a few who roleplay vampires incorrectly, making it look bad for the rest of us who DO roleplay as vampires correctly.


    Also I never actually see any hunters on, unless we're talking about FEAR, cause FEAR is just as OP, this last week I've gone on everyday and watched them execute fable after fable, opening on fire on anyone who simply turns the corner, and generally being douches even to fables who are just trying to go about their day as peacefully as they can. Flashing UV lights in everyones faces constantly.


    There's a lot that needs to be done from the server but pointing the finger at the vampires and going 'It's all them' isn't going to solve anything, especially considering it's likely only a minority of vampires who're actually not roleplaying properly.


    Hunters do need a fear boost or something, fables shouldn't want to fuck with hunters at all, we SHOULD be staying away from them, but then again I'm one of the ones who actually roleplays properly, so this is only logical, it's annoying that this IS a problem but when it comes to a server where people have powers this is just something that happens and CAN be fixed by admins cracking down on Vampire characters being retarded.
    avatar
    Major Tom

    Posts : 46
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Major Tom on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 am

    Shanaro. This was written when there was a group called "The Hunters" and they literally just ran around and hunted and there was an actual police force too. Now FEAR is both of them mashed into one really. Also no admin is going to crack down on shit and admins even make the mistakes mentioned in the OP among other mistakes that drive me up the wall (See werewolf heat. See the fact that you can literally mass RDM and get off with a warning. See other retarded shit that goes unchecked.)


    ___________________________________
    Bourneco wrote:we're adding wolf heat for funny awkward rp xd
    avatar
    nec

    Posts : 42
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by nec on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:02 am

    Be creative with your engagements and you may just knock a fable down.

    They're called supernatural for a reason.


    ___________________________________
    ur the biggest goyim

    Swagile

    Posts : 43
    Join date : 2014-08-28

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Swagile on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:15 pm

    Never gunna happen. Even if you manage to down a fable, you'll get fucked over by your own captain because you dared to do your job and then get a forced PK down your throat when you manage to successfully resist.

    roflcopter
    avatar
    Major Tom

    Posts : 46
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Major Tom on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:47 pm

    Wait that actually happened?


    ___________________________________
    Bourneco wrote:we're adding wolf heat for funny awkward rp xd

    Swagile

    Posts : 43
    Join date : 2014-08-28

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Swagile on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:02 pm

    Major Tom wrote:Wait that actually happened?


    Yep.
    avatar
    Major Tom

    Posts : 46
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Major Tom on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:09 pm

    Swagile wrote:Yep.


    I wanna be an untouchable fable now!
    avatar
    Shanaro

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Shanaro on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:13 pm

    No, now I know who you are, I was present for what happened.

    He walks into a room and looks around without ANY authorizations from a superior to raid the apartment, he see's someone with heavy weaponry and raises his weapon, he doesn't ask if the girl have permits (Which she does, as all hunters were given permits to carry weaponry since new orleans), Alice, a werewolf (unchanged) takes out a donut hole from her pocket, and the man shoots her without question, it being a full moon that night, and coupled with the fact that the werewolf had just received quite a bit of damage, it understandably transforms. Jordan (Swagile) pumps the wolf full of lead, after things die down those who survived (Myself, Deliliah, and a few others) explain to the captain who had just arrived what had happened.


    Im not sure what happened after this point but a FEAR member shooting someone after raiding an apartment without authorizations sounds like something that NEVER should have happened, had that happened in a faction I LEAD, the person would also be PK'd.


    While there are those who don't RP fables correctly, there are also those people in FEAR who are way to trigger happy for their own good, shooting everything in sight simply because they think they can, I commend the captain who PK'd Jordan. Only reason why I do is because if we want ANYTHING to change, BOTH sides need to be taking responsibility, personally if I saw a fable going over the top with their powers and RPing unrealistically and i was an admin, I would revoke their auth's IMMEDIATELY.


    There shouldn't be any room for fucking around on either side, sadly there is, and that's what needs to be addressed.


    BTW the werewolf that was pumped full of lead simply used her own dying body to shield another person who would have been caught in the fire, while you people were yelling at her to die due to her injuries she was unmoving and well on her way to death, RPING so while you and a couple other FEAR members were yelling at her to die in LOOC while she was in the middle of it.

    Swagile

    Posts : 43
    Join date : 2014-08-28

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Swagile on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 am

    Rofl.

    Its martial law, there are no warrants, there are no authorizations. Military bust down your door and tell you to get on the floor and you do it or you'll get fucked up.

    Doubly so if you have any sort of weapon on you or if you turn into a werewolf out of nowhere while disobeying direct orders with a shotgun and AUG towards your face.

    xd
    avatar
    Shanaro

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Shanaro on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 am

    If this were so then why would your CAPTAIN yell at you for not requesting an authorization before raiding? And why would he radio it in that EVERYONE needs to check in before doing raids and they CANNOT raid alone.


    This isn't HL2RP bro, if you want to be Civil Protection join one of the many HL2RP servers.

    Also, you raised your weapon and said nothing to anyone about getting down or anything, first you radio'd in that you need reinforcements because we were being non-compliant EVEN THOUGH you didn't give ANYONE in the room ANY orders, I'm sure the Super Admin that was there (Delilah) would attest to that.

    Then, a girl takes out a Donut hole (Mind you, you haven't said ANYTHING about people getting on the floor or anything at this point) and you shoot her point blank in the chest, she falls to the floor BEHIND the couch where YOU CAN'T SEE HER and she transforms, she uses the last of her stregth to throw herself in front of someone who WOULDVE been caught in the crossfire had she not done that then dies.

    TLDR you didn't actually tell everyone to get on the floor until AFTER you had shot Alice the first time.

    We got super admins and others as witness to this and its part of why you were PK'd on your specialist character.

    So next time you think its a good idea to raid an apartment BY YOURSELF without ANY authorizations from a commanding officer, BY YOURSELF no less.

    Long story short, you disobeyed orders on two diffrent occasions during this entire altercation and you paid the price for it, martial law or not, you still listening to your Commanding Officer, and if its his policy to run things by him or another CO before enacting them, and its also policy to do raids in groups (Not Rambo style like you did), then you are in the wrong here in ALL aspects.



    Good day.



    Back on topic, while Vampires and werewolves need to be enforced properly a bit more, so do FEAR members, as the last few posts clearly prove.

    Swagile

    Posts : 43
    Join date : 2014-08-28

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Swagile on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 pm

    Shanaro wrote:If this were so then why would your CAPTAIN yell at you for not requesting an authorization before raiding? And why would he radio it in that EVERYONE needs to check in before doing raids and they CANNOT raid alone.


    This isn't HL2RP bro, if you want to be Civil Protection join one of the many HL2RP servers.

    Also, you raised your weapon and said nothing to anyone about getting down or anything, first you radio'd in that you need reinforcements because we were being non-compliant EVEN THOUGH you didn't give ANYONE in the room ANY orders, I'm sure the Super Admin that was there (Delilah) would attest to that.

    Then, a girl takes out a Donut hole (Mind you, you haven't said ANYTHING about people getting on the floor or anything at this point) and you shoot her point blank in the chest, she falls to the floor BEHIND the couch where YOU CAN'T SEE HER and she transforms, she uses the last of her stregth to throw herself in front of someone who WOULDVE been caught in the crossfire had she not done that then dies.

    TLDR you didn't actually tell everyone to get on the floor until AFTER you had shot Alice the first time.

    We got super admins and others as witness to this and its part of why you were PK'd on your specialist character.

    So next time you think its a good idea to raid an apartment BY YOURSELF without ANY authorizations from a commanding officer, BY YOURSELF no less.

    Long story short, you disobeyed orders on two diffrent occasions during this entire altercation and you paid the price for it, martial law or not, you still listening to your Commanding Officer, and if its his policy to run things by him or another CO before enacting them, and its also policy to do raids in groups (Not Rambo style like you did), then you are in the wrong here in ALL aspects.



    Good day.



    Back on topic, while Vampires and werewolves need to be enforced properly a bit more, so do FEAR members, as the last few posts clearly prove.

    1. When was this EVER a rule?
    2. Even if it was a rule to ask captain auth, its hard to know this when I was never ICly told as the radio freq gets changed every other day due to metagamers getting their hands on it.
    3. I never said it was HL2RP? I simply said the procedure you would follow when the MILITARY FORCE that is known for WIPING OUT ENTIRE VILLAGES busts down your doorstep. I think you forgot the 5 month timeskip in which FEAR shreked anything Fable or known to help Fable?
    4. I have already told everyone in the room to get the fuck down as a heavily armed individual sporting 3 guns is trying to escape out the window the moment I noticed her weapons and aimed at her.
    5. You don't even know my character ICly. But let me give you a hint. My character, before joining FEAR, had to deal with children rushing at him in Afghanistan with bombs strapped to their chests. After being ordered, she starts to pull for something in her pocket, and so I reacted as appropriate to the situation as I am not taking chances ICly... JUST like the military. Oh wait, the police ALSO have that. If you start pulling shit infront of a cop after being warned to stop and get on the ground, they /WILL/ shoot you as you are deemed a /THREAT/ due to the unknown factors involved in having something in your pocket being lethal or not.
    6. Transformed into a werewolf at CQC range in a tight room. My character had encountered a Lycan before that was fully transformed and nearly swiped his face off so he wasn't taking chances and unloaded silver rounds into them.
    7. No, you cannot force PK someone who actually managed to resist being court martialed. There is a difference between being removed from the faction and PK's. And the reason I was being removed from the faction was IC reasons, not OOC, which is why I was not to be force PK'd out of anger from the captain just because my character is fleshed out and had friends on the outside who could help him escape.
    8. "Good day", sarcastic cunt.
    avatar
    Major Tom

    Posts : 46
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Major Tom on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:31 pm

    Lol. I dont see the problem with what he did. He eliminated a well known Fable. He may not have followed whatever the you're talking about shanaro, but he accomplished a FEAR goal of getting a potentially dangerous thing off the streets. Also I agree with him that doing anything other than raising your hands while someone has thier gun raise to you at gunpoint is a retarded idea regaurdless if what they pulled out was a weapon or not.


    ___________________________________
    Bourneco wrote:we're adding wolf heat for funny awkward rp xd
    avatar
    Shanaro

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Shanaro on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:17 am

    No, you hadn't told anyone to get down nor did you give anyone any orders before radioing in that we were non-compliant, you raided the apartment by yourself without authorizations from your CO, I wasn't present for your court marshal or your attempt out of it but if FEAR is truely as dangerous as you say there isn't really any way you could have gotten out of FEAR holding, especially considering they know how your trained, they would have HEAVILY guarded you, you wouldn't be able to blink without someone noticing.
    avatar
    piraTe

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2014-08-21

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by piraTe on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:29 am

    Shanaro wrote:they would have HEAVILY guarded you, you wouldn't be able to blink without someone noticing.
    IC guards are the best guards.


    ___________________________________
    avatar
    Shanaro

    Posts : 76
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Shanaro on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:07 am

    IC Guards are best guards, honestly if he did get out legitly of the PK then he should be allowed to keep his character, but I haven't seen any logs of the RP involved, and until then I can't believe either side on how the PK went down.

    Swagile

    Posts : 43
    Join date : 2014-08-28

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Swagile on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:08 pm

    There were no IC guards m8.

    I was escaping when I wasn't even CLOSE to the FEAR base; the SSgt was trying to cuff me and I was resisting.

    He then encountered my IC friend Justin Hunter, who had an M4 pointed at his face. In turn, I escaped, as we voided the captain refusing to roleplay and then just walking up to us, doing one /me, and then script killing me while I was typing my response. 10/10 captain, would rofl again.

    oh and the stuff you pull out of your ass about me not giving any orders before and even after the crash are 2funny.

    are u erping with delilah, the "im actually ic here after a server crash, LOL" chick too??????

    Kurogane

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Kurogane on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:27 pm

    Just as a casual observer with a mild interest in this community, I would like to point out that your inability to be civil is really painting a bad picture of this community.

    ...I think that this forum could do with some modicum of decorum or rules, at the very least, would go a long way in making your community better. As it stands the public image that is projected is one of immature, trollish children that have nothing better to do than attempt to validate their argument via ad hominem attacks.

    That is my suggestion on how to make your community better -- stop being so disrespectful toward one another. Civility and decency go a long way in the end, and it usually works better to get your point across than "lawl duz u erp x", which just abolishes any and all credibility your argument may contain since you just resort to ad hominem attacks. No argument which stands on its own needs to be supported or augmented by fallacious statements. When you start attacking the person and stop arguing the point, you have lost the debate.

    So yeah. Civility. The impression I get from reading the forums is that you guys definitely, definitely need more civility.


    Last edited by Kurogane on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Swagile

    Posts : 43
    Join date : 2014-08-28

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Swagile on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:34 pm

    meh, i tried to be civil a long time ago on this server and was banned for rdm for 30 minutes when i was the one who was rdm'd.

    the servers administration (most of them, that is) don't even bother to investigate. they just press the kick / ban button when it inconveniences them.

    when real issues happen (mass rdm from their friends, or someone spamming "nigga nigga nigga" over 3d radio for the tenth time) they ignore it / give a kick which doesn't do much, pat themselves on the back, then go back to their (e)rp or spawning high calibre weaponry and gear for their friends (and if you think im kidding, i can take screenies of people walking around with .50 cal sniper rifles who AREN'T military)

    Kurogane

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Kurogane on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 pm

    Swagile wrote:meh, i tried to be civil a long time ago on this server and was banned for rdm for 30 minutes when i was the one who was rdm'd.

    the servers administration (most of them, that is) don't even bother to investigate. they just press the kick / ban button when it inconveniences them.

    when real issues happen (mass rdm from their friends, or someone spamming "nigga nigga nigga" over 3d radio for the tenth time) they ignore it / give a kick which doesn't do much, pat themselves on the back, then go back to their (e)rp or spawning high calibre weaponry and gear for their friends (and if you think im kidding, i can take screenies of people walking around with .50 cal sniper rifles who AREN'T military)

    Two wrongs surly do not make a right.

    There is no sense in abandoning civility just because of a a past sleight, perceived or real. Perseverance in the face of aggression is to be desired. Just because there are issues does not mean you need to add to the issues.

    Be a part of the solution, do not add to the problems. Even if the problems seem insurmountable, there is always a way to overcome them, and in the end it is the administration of the server which is beholden to the people, because without the people there would be no server to moderate. That said, when you start acting like a jackass, you will hardly be taken seriously or treated respectfully.

    Always strive to have the high ground, in that regard. It will be obvious to those who observe who is acting right and who is acting improperly. 

    To quote the Precepts of Ptah-hotep.

    Ptah-hotep wrote:
    If you find a disputant while he is hot, and if he is superior to you in ability, lower the hands, bend the back, do not get into a passion with him. As he will not let you destroy his words, it is utterly wrong to interrupt him; that proclaims that you are incapable of keeping yourself calm, when you are contradicted. If then you have to do with a disputant while he is hot, imitate one who does not stir. You have the advantage over him if you keep silence when he is uttering evil words. "The better of the two is he who is impassive," say the bystanders, and you are right in the opinion of the great.
    If you find a disputant while he is hot, do not despise him because you are not of the same opinion. Be not angry against him when he is wrong; away with such a thing. He fights against himself; require him not further to flatter your feelings. Do not amuse yourself with the spectacle which you have before you; it is odious, it is mean, it is the part of a despicable soul so to do. As soon as you let yourself be moved by your feelings, combat this desire as a thing that is reproved by the great.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Things need a fixing!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 am