Ignore this post.

    Share
    avatar
    Pixie Replacement
    Admin

    Posts : 175
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Ignore this post.

    Post by Pixie Replacement on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:50 pm

    Agree with Floki.
    avatar
    Major Tom

    Posts : 46
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Major Tom on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:08 pm

    Honestly i dont see why FEAR was entirely shit canned. The problem with fear was not the concept but how it was lead.


    ___________________________________
    Bourneco wrote:we're adding wolf heat for funny awkward rp xd
    avatar
    Bourneco - Retired

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2014-08-05
    Location : No one knows...

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Bourneco - Retired on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:10 pm

    Floki wrote:While I appreciate the antagonist group because the server surely needs one. I think there are a few things here that are being done wrong. 

    For starters, your disclaimer itself is pretty OOC Aggressive/Hostile. PK's should not just be handed out nilly-willy because someone happened to get on your cross hairs. For the most part it should be for personal transgressions against your character.

    Another issue with this is the fact that you claim that if any character within your group is PK'd they are handed back their gear and a slot within the group, thus offering up not the equal share of consequences you are promising for the Fable characters you kill.

    Honestly, you should re-work how you are going to tackle the PK's, otherwise it is a recipe for disaster, and arguments.

    The last time I didn't hand out PK's, we ended up having fables running around the city 24/7 with no care for the new laws. And then, when I enstated curfews on my Lieutenant, no one would ever fucking listen. It's PK's or TK's. I will NOT be nice about this. At all.


    ___________________________________
    Character list incoming!

    Cisilia 'Wolf' Longbird | Lycanthrope Sentinel | "Your hopes have become my burden. I will find my own liberation." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=vR5SdUnARrY

    Ofc. Daniel Anvil | Human Cop | "Fockin'... piecea... shite.." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=IftnwBOlG_M

    Lila 'Crimson Rose' Anvil | Augustine Vampire (Adept.) | "Scathing eyes ask that we be symmetrical, one sided and easily processed. Yet every misshapen spark's unseen beauty is greater than it's would-be judgement." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=359na4NeaVA

    'Devil' | Human Anti-Fable | "I'm going to make you SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAL monster!" | http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=_gJeEnakXr8#t=44


    Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe. - A. Einstein.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - A. Einstein.
    avatar
    Pixie Replacement
    Admin

    Posts : 175
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Pixie Replacement on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 pm

    Regardless, you can't just say "We PK everyone that gets killed." because that will just be abused.


    ___________________________________
    avatar
    Floki

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2014-09-13

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Floki on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:28 pm

    Alright, but the PK's or TK's should be as of result of something, not because of what happened before. You don't just issue PK's or TK's unwarranted. You have a foundation of a good group that can be useful to the server.

    Instead of going on a massacre of PK's of any Fable you find. Try something that will stimulate RP and perhaps will be appreciated by both sides, like severely bullying Fables that are not hostile (be creative). And then killing Fables that are hostile.


    I just get the picture in my mind when I read this thread that your crew will be walking around the map, heat vision on at all times or something, and doing quick checks on someone who is a fable and then just killing them and trying to PK them. (in this case Vampires specifically)


    So to reiterate, I'd reserve PK's for very problematic individuals that cause a lot of harm to your character or your organization. Simply being a Fable should not amount to a PK.


    ___________________________________
    avatar
    Anthony Turner

    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2014-08-24
    Age : 20
    Location : America

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Anthony Turner on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 pm

    To me this is more for when an operative tries to take a gun away, and they shoot and fight back instead of being legit afraid, that kind of thing warrants a PK, this is a group that should be scary, fighting means death so you hide, it's like when you arm a rebel group in HL2RP and they are not afraid of any Combine, they should be afraid
    avatar
    Floki

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2014-09-13

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Floki on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:59 pm

    The difference between HL2 and Vampire RP, is that both sides have reason to be scared, so it can honestly work both ways, and I've already pointed out the fact that the equality between PK's of someone in this group versus a Fable is unfair, because to acquire a Fable you'd likely need an entire new application. While a character in this group, the thread quite literally states and I'll quote, "BUT THE PERSON PK'D WILL BE GIVEN ANOTHER CHARACTER AND EQUIPMENT"
    Also given issues with groups in the past, an arsenal of weapons should be obtained ICly instead of asspulling everything. You are a remnant group with limited resources I sinisterly doubt DECA would simply let you take their stock of equipment. So starting off the bat with military grade weapons and sonar goggles and heat signature goggles and such is a bit of an overstep.


    ___________________________________
    avatar
    Bourneco - Retired

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2014-08-05
    Location : No one knows...

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Bourneco - Retired on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:02 pm

    Floki. If we go at people with baseball bats and machetes, we're going to be instantly crushed. Because, I don't know if you've been on the server yet. But fucking. Every. One. has a gun. If we don't have guns, what the living fuck is the point in even attempting to go against people who have 500 guns when we have bats and knives?


    ___________________________________
    Character list incoming!

    Cisilia 'Wolf' Longbird | Lycanthrope Sentinel | "Your hopes have become my burden. I will find my own liberation." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=vR5SdUnARrY

    Ofc. Daniel Anvil | Human Cop | "Fockin'... piecea... shite.." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=IftnwBOlG_M

    Lila 'Crimson Rose' Anvil | Augustine Vampire (Adept.) | "Scathing eyes ask that we be symmetrical, one sided and easily processed. Yet every misshapen spark's unseen beauty is greater than it's would-be judgement." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=359na4NeaVA

    'Devil' | Human Anti-Fable | "I'm going to make you SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAL monster!" | http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=_gJeEnakXr8#t=44


    Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe. - A. Einstein.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - A. Einstein.
    avatar
    Floki

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2014-09-13

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Floki on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:07 pm

    I didn't say run at them with tire irons and other bizarre melee weapons or w/e.

    To be more specific, what I'm trying to say is start off low-mid tier projectile weapon wise, and if you want to advance to the high tier weapons, get those ICly instead of starting off with them immediately.

    It is one of the reasons I advocate for weapons actually being taken away both IC and OOC. Just recently an incident occured where DECA had caught a gun wielding individual shooting someone in the street. Their weapons were stripped, but the player refused to drop them because ' I'll get them back later anyways ' <------ BIG PROBLEM | It should not work like that, at all. (Somewhat unrelated to the nature of the thread, but relates to your most recent post Bourneco)


    ___________________________________
    avatar
    Bourneco - Retired

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2014-08-05
    Location : No one knows...

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Bourneco - Retired on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:20 pm

    Floki wrote:' I'll get them back later anyways ' <------ BIG PROBLEM | It should not work like that, at all. 
    I'm also here to solve that problem for fables. If I see you being an absolute fucking retard, carrying a gun and being a fable. You're going to end up being killed. This is my last attempt to make fables fear anything. Or players, for that matter.


    ___________________________________
    Character list incoming!

    Cisilia 'Wolf' Longbird | Lycanthrope Sentinel | "Your hopes have become my burden. I will find my own liberation." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=vR5SdUnARrY

    Ofc. Daniel Anvil | Human Cop | "Fockin'... piecea... shite.." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=IftnwBOlG_M

    Lila 'Crimson Rose' Anvil | Augustine Vampire (Adept.) | "Scathing eyes ask that we be symmetrical, one sided and easily processed. Yet every misshapen spark's unseen beauty is greater than it's would-be judgement." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=359na4NeaVA

    'Devil' | Human Anti-Fable | "I'm going to make you SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAL monster!" | http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=_gJeEnakXr8#t=44


    Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe. - A. Einstein.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - A. Einstein.

    Kurogane

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Kurogane on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:04 pm

    Bourneco wrote:
    Floki wrote:' I'll get them back later anyways ' <------ BIG PROBLEM | It should not work like that, at all. 
    I'm also here to solve that problem for fables. If I see you being an absolute fucking retard, carrying a gun and being a fable. You're going to end up being killed. This is my last attempt to make fables fear anything. Or players, for that matter.

    To be frank, I am kind of apprehensive about this group because I can see that potential of people just being dickbags with the equipment they have. I have a Vamp, but he has no weapons and keeps himself pretty low key. I'm not entirely fond of the thought that someone is going to just flip on a pair of magical goggles and then drop my ass only to get told my character is permanently dead just because I had the audacity to exist.

    Alexander has no melee weapons, let alone a gun, and him taking up a gun would be considerably out of character for him and would need a pretttty good reason to do so. I'm semi-OK with the group existing and what it wants to do, but I'm not entirely fond of the fact that they can just spawn with all of their equipment whereas if Alexander gets killed, I have to create an entirely new character.

    Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of ever attempting to fight these people and I fully intend to avoid whenever possible...But the last time I specifically tried to avoid heavily armored individuals, I wound up stuck in an alley with a pistol pointed at me because staying out of the way of the heavily armed guys was "sketchy". Toss in magic goggles that tell people I'm a Vampire and I really don't see how I am anything other than fucked unless I go find myself an assault rifle and some body armor.

    ...Honestly, from stuff I have read I don't really have an abundance of faith that this won't just turn into a roving deathsquad with their goggles of revealing on 24/7 just murdering people. While I agree something like this needs to exist, I think the announcement that you'll be permanently killing peoples characters just for existing is rather contradictory to the rules about shooting to injure and playing to lose. I get that Fables should be afraid of groups like this, but everything I have done to establish Alexander as a low-key character specifically to avoid people that hunt vamps is essentially going to fly right out the window because now some tosser can think I look suspicious, flip his goggles on, and put one in my head.

    I guess I'll see how it plays out, really. 

    TL;DR

    I'm apprehensive about the way this will be abused due to the goggles of revealing hax and the fact that even if you permanently kill a member of the group, they essentially lose absolutely nothing where as I stand to potentially lose my entire character just because I exist.
    avatar
    Bourneco - Retired

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2014-08-05
    Location : No one knows...

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Bourneco - Retired on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:07 pm

    PKing was modified. But if you: Fight us, surrender to us, kill a member, or otherwise a reason for PKing, a PK can and will be pursued.


    ___________________________________
    Character list incoming!

    Cisilia 'Wolf' Longbird | Lycanthrope Sentinel | "Your hopes have become my burden. I will find my own liberation." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=vR5SdUnARrY

    Ofc. Daniel Anvil | Human Cop | "Fockin'... piecea... shite.." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=IftnwBOlG_M

    Lila 'Crimson Rose' Anvil | Augustine Vampire (Adept.) | "Scathing eyes ask that we be symmetrical, one sided and easily processed. Yet every misshapen spark's unseen beauty is greater than it's would-be judgement." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=359na4NeaVA

    'Devil' | Human Anti-Fable | "I'm going to make you SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAL monster!" | http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=_gJeEnakXr8#t=44


    Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe. - A. Einstein.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - A. Einstein.
    avatar
    Fuzzy Wolfy

    Posts : 120
    Join date : 2014-09-15

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Fuzzy Wolfy on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:18 pm

    Honestly, I have no qualms against a purification squad like this so long as its played very carefully. Let me give you an example;

    Instead of rolling death squads patrolling the streets at random intervals with magical goggles, I'd love to see an actual curfew or scheduled search to be performed every day or so - something that'd force players indoors and force fables into hiding temporarily. Those stupid enough to still stay outside would have reason to not only be searched and stripped of their gear, but killed as well if they're found out.

    I prefer the idea that they're presence on the server is just occasional, instead of common or constant. If you patrol the streets all day, your impact on the atmosphere will be oversaturated and it will become dull. Food for thought.
    avatar
    Major Tom

    Posts : 46
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Major Tom on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:16 pm

    No one answered my question as to why FEAR was shit canned concept and all in favor of replacing it with a group that does not replace it at all.


    ___________________________________
    Bourneco wrote:we're adding wolf heat for funny awkward rp xd
    avatar
    Bourneco - Retired

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2014-08-05
    Location : No one knows...

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Bourneco - Retired on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 pm

    Equipment was modified for realism. Instead of IV+, III, instead of Sonar, thermals, instead of a rifle and pistol, just a pistol. Et-cetera.


    ___________________________________
    Character list incoming!

    Cisilia 'Wolf' Longbird | Lycanthrope Sentinel | "Your hopes have become my burden. I will find my own liberation." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=vR5SdUnARrY

    Ofc. Daniel Anvil | Human Cop | "Fockin'... piecea... shite.." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=IftnwBOlG_M

    Lila 'Crimson Rose' Anvil | Augustine Vampire (Adept.) | "Scathing eyes ask that we be symmetrical, one sided and easily processed. Yet every misshapen spark's unseen beauty is greater than it's would-be judgement." | http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=359na4NeaVA

    'Devil' | Human Anti-Fable | "I'm going to make you SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAL monster!" | http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=_gJeEnakXr8#t=44


    Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe. - A. Einstein.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - A. Einstein.

    PewPew

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2014-08-24

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by PewPew on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:18 pm

    hey i remember when i posted an application for a small pmc group that got their stuff ic "admin funded!!!!!!!!" when we litterally mugged fear units and now we have a mock military group with thermals and shit lmao how many cookie cutter groups are going to be made

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ignore this post.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:07 pm