Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Fuzzy Wolfy
Absinthe
Jauri
ZombieMesh
8 posters

New Map Suggestions

ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

New Map Suggestions Empty New Map Suggestions

Post by ZombieMesh Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:52 am

Post your ideas to new map. Workshop links recommended. Maybe add a little exert on why you think its good for this server. Serious suggestions only.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

New Map Suggestions Empty Re: New Map Suggestions

Post by ZombieMesh Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:58 am

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132913036

+ Has underground sewer area for shady people and Nos
    + Has some vertical-ness to it
    + Nexus has elevator garage that leads to roads that cover small portion of map
    +/- Okay Housing, as far as I could tell
    +/- Pretty reasonable size, if not a bit small
    - Not counting the underground, slums areas are kind of small and blend in with the rest of the map
    (There's a version of the map that has a small clinic and club, but we'd probably need to get permission to use it.)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132937160
    +/-  Big. Like, pretty big.
    + Big slums area for lots of shady types
    + Nexus that touches basically all parts of the map for navigating around
    + Lots of housing, especially in slums
    + Hospital area
    + Pretty sure PlayX is/can be coded into movie theater.
    - Lots of DarkRPs use it
    - Easy to get lost if you're not familiar with the map

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132933551
    There's honestly so many versions of city45, I can't be bothered to look at them all. Plus most people don't like city45 since its overused
    From what I remember
    +Good slums area
    +Shopping district
    +/- Okay housing options

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132919876&searchtext=
    Too small
    Not really good for rp

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132911524
    I don't like this one at all
    Hard to navigate
    Doesn't seem very livable for people
    So, uh, yeah
    - do not like this one

Last edited by ZombieMesh on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jauri
    Jauri

Post by Jauri Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:23 am

Well, I suppose it's time to add my own map suggestions.
    I haven't exactly been in the loop of Gmod maps for quite some time, but here are some maps that I have gone through and see as being somewhat reasonable.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=147143185

+ Big map and is rather seedy
    + Good lot of apartments for people. (Even dare say that nearly everyone would be able to have an apartment in this map)
    -Bad thing I see in it is that DECA might have some trouble in the Nexus. (If they continue to not be able to open combine doors)
    + Nexus is pretty damn snazzy

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143076340&searchtext=city23
    + Reasonably sized map
    +/-If I recall, it has enough room for quite some people-- I may be mistaken with this.
    + Is a somewhat seedy map and plays nicely with vampires and the sort.
    - May be too big, with plenty of places for people to 'hide'.

[url= http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258063586] http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258063586[/url]
    +Many, many homes for people, even in the middle of the map.
    +For once there's no combine buildings or doors
    - Is a VERY, VERY big map
    - To avoid people being spread out thin, admins will have to block off various pathways out and static the props.
    +/- Has underground for all of your seedy characters, although it isn't too scary down there.

-- Feel free to remember that I'm just throwing ideas out for maps. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't like the list that I provided.
    Jeez I suck at linking stuff

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150899249
    + Pretty reasonably sized
    + Plentiful apartments
    + Underground area that is pretty nicely sized and is, for once, seedy and dark.
    + Various other places that is far away from the other areas, good for fights and whatnot
    + DECA has a pretty nice area
    ? May or may not be too large
    - Admins will need to IMMEDIATELY block off certain parts of the Nexus. One button commences launch of Headcrab containers on the city, while the others cause judgement waivers, etc. They will only need to block off one hallway, which is good.

Last edited by Jauri on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:16 am

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132911524

Canals is awesome because it doesn't mean people are having giant battles in the middle of the street. Most people will not be in the canals so that way murders and stuff can happen without instant white knighting. Right now, getting into any fight, even a small one, means allowing half of the server in on it because they can sense the fight almost as everything is closed in together.

With canals, you could focus your antagonistic battles out there and have DECA keep people out of the area during certain times. It'd make the outside area of the city dangerous, something you'd avoid as well as seperate characters from each other as to allow fights to occur without the entire server getting involved.

It's probably extremely annoying for the demonic characters and general antagonists to have like every single character in the server fighting them at once, in every scenario, because I mean COME ON. That must suck ass, I'm probably going to deal with that shit too if I get my lord accepted. 

Canals is small enough in terms of it's city to have people able to passive with each other and has the outer area you can use for the majority of combat RP. I've been on the map before and it's quite fun, especially the tunnel areas.

Also you know, if the city is closed in, more DECA, so less civilian on civilian aggravated murders because the boss fighting is happening in the streets/mall as opposed to somewhere like I don't know, the canal area in this map.

The map also works in a way that if it's too big, you can block off parts very easily with props as it's quite linear in the way it's created, not really being crushed together like the current map we are using. As another note, it's one of the few maps where snipers would be useful and where everything isn't closed up combat.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Updated my post with detailed review of maps.
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:28 am

RP_City17 (Build 192)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150899249&searchtext=rp_city17

Big, really big. Maybe too big.

Nice underground.

REALLY nice nexus.

Lots of housing.

Only problem may be how separated we could become.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:05 am

Can we please stop with the Half-Life 2 maps.
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:35 am

HL2RP maps are usually the best for City-based role plays, excluding most Dark RP maps.

Unless you want L.A to suddenly become a wasteland.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:12 am

Gunna - support in Canal. I looked at it Jin single player and it wasn't. Wry good, IMO.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:04 am

Okay I have an idea.

We change the map to rp_downtown_v2

We change the roleplay gamemode to something cool like Darkness Roleplay or Dark Roleplay.

We create a job system via an F4 menu that lets you be anything you want to be.

We make the rules more loose and flexible. We also reward people with special jobs via donations and we allow people to build bases as well as raid each others bases.
    Jauri
    Jauri

Post by Jauri Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Honestly I'm going to have to also -support canals, too. The living place for normal citizens is just too absurdly small.

As my opinions go, I'm going to have to either choose rp_retribution or the map that both I and Fuzzy Wolfy noted, which would be RP_City17 (Build 192)
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Post by Kavinsky Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 pm

I miss headattack.
    DeadlyNachos
    DeadlyNachos
    Admin

Post by DeadlyNachos Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Let's go back to headcrab attack city or whatever that nice map which is perfect for our server and playerbase is called.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:48 am

>suggests tons of city map that fit with atmosphere of roleplay and improve problems of previous maps
    > move to map in midwest that doesn't fit atmosphere as well and has all the problems of old map, except worse

Let's see, a detailed review

- Way too fucking big, impossible to get around without a vechicle
    - Completely ruins any atmosphere of a rp thats suppose to be dark and gritty
    - Worse housing than before. About 75% of the server will be homeless
    - No underground or sewers, giving a big middle finger to vampires (especially nos)
    - Homeless vampires becomes of lack of underground or housing, meaning they'll burn to death.
    - Did I mention its huge? Not even huge and filled with shit, just really spaced out and full of nothing
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:49 am

I already stated my opinion on the whole shift to Raik, but... Long time skip, imo, doesn't help neither.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:46 am

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150899249&searchtext=city

Please go to this or something, less fucking giddy and bright. I don't care if it's large, I don't care if it's small. But I need to feel Film Noire as in terms of theme, because that is what attracted me to this server.

Also as a note, the server is primarily supposed to be based during night time. This is  the brightest day time map I've ever been on and it messes with the theme. You can think about the houses, the spacing, the train, but the brightness and the fact that it changes the theme so dramatically in terms of how it looks, is the problem. People don't need pretty for this type of roleplay, they need a dark, carnal, gritty, raw - film noire'esque map that makes them feel the dredd of L.A. Life.

Any of the half life 2 roleplay maps would fit this, as they are dark, cities and feel somewhat futuristic in some of them, which is totally fine.

rp_c18 was a great map, so is rp_c17, those are cool. Even though some of the c's are day time, they aren't bright and with 18, it's night time. There's apartment complexes and only a few places for stores, which means that it'll be easy to navigate from store to store because there wont be a ton. There'll be the slums which can work.

There are no underground areas, most places have massive windows and it's not closed in, so ideally this place is NOT the place any vampire or dark creature would ever want to visit.

Last edited by Absinthe on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
    Deathwoman
    Deathwoman

Post by Deathwoman Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am

I'm gonna +Support Absinthe's suggestion; I think the map right now is way too bright for a vampire roleplay; not to mention Housing is limited and spread out way too far; who wants to walk down a road for 5 minutes to get to one landmark?
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:02 pm

If that's the case, why was it treated like the entire city population all moved to Georgia? If we pick a city map, the whole map change after-event makes no sense. Why did we even change maps if it was just going to be a temporary one for now? Why not just wait to do a map change event when we are ready to change maps?

Speaking of which, moving to Georgia makes no sense. Why would an entire city move cross-country to some rural area where, according to the /event and the forum post, bandits and feral fables live and, also, there is hardly any government involvement (meaning DECA shouldn't even be there and, if they were, they'd be slaughtered pretty quick).

You know what makes sense?
    Goo event happens.
    City is evacuated to a nearby city, no more than a few states away.
    That means that those who didn't get on the military convoy (aka, any antagonist characters) could just move there without any trouble. I don't think most of the antagonist characters would go through the trouble of driving all the way to GEOGRIA to continue what they're doing.

Kinda upset how little thought went into this. I don't think there was any rush, but how unorganized and dumb everything went, it feels like you guys were rushing to get a map change when you weren't ready.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:39 am

City_17 as a note, is a dark server, without being night time. It's like constant sun set so it's almost perfect to roleplay as you can both do day and night time without any trouble. It looks like a city but it doesn't look like a giant metallic construct every way you turn, it's got an urban feeling to it and it's more homely. There's plenty of underground places, some shops and the housing on that map is pretty good to be honest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content