Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

gahl

nec
    nec

gahl       Empty gahl

Post by nec Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 pm

[*][10/27/14 02:18:32] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm You feel compelled to leave, by fear, you're afraid. You feel like they are going to kill you, painful - unnatural fear that you could not think of anything other then your own.'

[*][10/27/14 02:18:53] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm He's the lord of fear btw.'

[*][10/27/14 02:19:18] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm I have a victim' (I believe this was to someone else)

[*]**Sarafina 'Sara' Crawley closed the door, after closing the door she began breathing uncontrollably, peering around in horror as she stumbled around the room.

[*][10/27/14 02:19:37] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm MOTHERFUCKER'

[*][10/27/14 02:19:38] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm HEY'

[*][10/27/14 02:19:41] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm You didn't read my /me'

[*][10/27/14 02:19:47] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm You aren't being possessed, it is your OWN fear.'

[*][10/27/14 02:20:12] Sarafina 'Sara' Crawley has ran command 'pm isnt that powergame?'

[*][10/27/14 02:20:30] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm He's the lord of fear and unless you have a strong soul or anything like that, you'd be leaving.'

[*][10/27/14 02:20:46] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm Is there anything special about the character that would make them not want to leave?'

[*][10/27/14 02:21:02] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm He's using your already existing fear as Delilah threatened to kill you, amplifying that immensely.'

[*][10/27/14 02:21:54] Sarafina 'Sara' Crawley has ran command 'pm sara doesn't feel much in terms of negative emotions, sure she gets sad at times, as does every natural human being, but tries not to let fear and negativity get to her'

[*][10/27/14 02:22:10] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm This is the lord of fear.'

[*][10/27/14 02:22:20] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm He is like the godfather of everything negative emotions.'

[*][10/27/14 02:22:39] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm You could not get anyone that is better at what he does in any plain of existance.'

[*][10/27/14 02:22:47] Sarafina 'Sara' Crawley has ran command 'pm sounds really powergamey dude, you're saying i can't fight it at all no matter what?'

[*][10/27/14 02:23:05] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm I am saying the fear would overwhelm you and you are scared of Delilah, your first reaction is not to get closer to her.'

[*][10/27/14 02:23:21] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm By moving towards them you are literally doing the opposite of what the fear would be doing.'

[*][10/27/14 02:23:27] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm You personally think you are terrified, you don't know it's a demon.'

[*][10/27/14 02:23:32] Sarafina 'Sara' Crawley has ran command 'pm alright, gonna do something really thinking spooky'

[*][10/27/14 02:24:55] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm Stop standing there, you're literally making them purposely keep you there.'

[*][10/27/14 02:25:07] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm Fear makes you run away, not stare at someone and not move.'

[*]i didn't get any further logs after that, it was basically an two actions of sara bawling her eyes out as her heart began to thump out of rhythm, unsure of what was happening to her due to the sudden change of emotions and shit. the moment i did that, the individual who plays gahl wanted to void the situation as it didn't go their way, or how they planned (at least that's what it appeared like). he also tried directing (powergaming) my role-play which really fucking pissed me off. has anyone else experienced something like this, or was it just me? sorry to whoever plays this character by the way and i hope we can get this resolved, but that rp (if you even want to call it that) was really messy. also fuck this forums formatting
    Mindpower
    Mindpower

gahl       Empty Re: gahl

Post by Mindpower Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:22 pm

nec wrote:[10/27/14 02:25:07] 'Gahl' has ran command 'pm Fear makes you run away, not stare at someone and not move.

No offense, but this statement is uninformed in its core. There's something called flight or fight response to fear. You induce fear, not the will to run away which means that someone with a brain that refuses to take the flight path in this natural response(which is actually a psychological phenomenon that's studied) would fight their fear instead of running away from it and engage in combat.

Now there's another part to this which is when your brain can't process what to do. You don't want to flee but neither do you want to fight and as such, you're locked in place, literally paralyzed by your own fear as you try to decide the best course of action. So yes, fear can some times make people stare at someone and not move, it has happened to me.

Last edited by Mindpower on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:05 pm

A better way to have handled the situation was to just say you were stricken with intense fear and then let you rp it as you wish. People deal with fear in different ways. Also, creating fear out of nothing is possible, but it shouldn't be as strong if you already had negative feelings towards someone.
    Example: Character A is good friends with Character B
    If Gahl made Character A afraid of Character B, they'd be scared, but not as much as, say, if Character B was known to hurt others and Character A didn't like them.

Fear is normally dealt with in a few ways, the most common being fight or flight, but also freezing up like a deer in headlights.

Gahl was power gaming pretty hard here. If the player is running an OP character, they should be expected to be held under stricter rules. Right now it seems like whoever plays Gahl isn't capable of handling an OP character.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:59 pm

The way she moved was in a sense just screaming out to people that something was wrong with her, the idea is that you don't stand at a doorway and stare at someone like your having your organs bursting out of your chest. Fear makes us more inclined to move away from something, not walk towards it, stand there and then yell at the fear.

The way she wanted it to go is that everyone within like a few seconds would instantly know that there was a demonic presence making her afraid, because of they way she was roleplay. The point was that it is meant to be seen as natural fear, that grows and is amplified. The way she played it out, it felt unnatural and it was almost like she was being possessed even though it was more of an aura effect.

You also kept out your /me that you did, because that really made it obvious as hell. The moment you did that /me everyone knew IC'ly that a demon was doing it to you and that is what pissed me off so royally. You then quit and I had a bit of a fit with the people who were there with you about those actions and I explained the situation in LOOC.

Demons are meant to influence characters, they are quite great at influencing negative emotions into someone and when my characters in the past have been victim to Dremor attacks I played as a little tiny puppet that they could do anything with from an even greater distance to where I was to you.

Even though I badgered you a lot, you still tried to make it blatantly obvious about the effect. You need to think of a lord who's perfected his craft on people and that he wouldn't make you look a catatonic patient who just saw their dead mother. I wanted you to move away, in any direction, preferably the stairs - or at least not move forward, start yelling at someone and then saying "WHATS WRONG WITH ME." as if you had a snake in your belly.
    Mindpower
    Mindpower

Post by Mindpower Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Absinthe wrote:Fear makes us more inclined to move away from something, not walk towards it, stand there and then yell at the fear

False. Fear enables a Flight or Fight response in your brain, whether you move away from something you fear or try to fight it is entirely up to the fact of the type of fear it is, what is causing the fear and how your brain and personality work.

Absinthe wrote:the idea is that you don't stand at a doorway and stare at someone like your having your organs bursting out of your chest

You actually do if your brain is incapable of processing the stimuli and correctly assess how to react to it. Even if you brain recognizes the stimuli as negative and something to be afraid of, you might be literally paralyzed because your brain doesn't know if it should run or fight because it might think both are useless or it might simply BLOCK because of how afraid you are.

Absinthe wrote: The way she played it out, it felt unnatural and it was almost like she was being possessed even though it was more of an aura effect.

This alone would make fear feel unnatural. It would appear to be a fear but all you did was induce a feeling of fear associated with the scenario. When you do that, everything else is out of your control and if it was an aura of fear, it'd feel unnatural and awkward to the person under the effect, leaving them extremely confused.
    Deathwoman
    Deathwoman

Post by Deathwoman Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm going to play the middle ground. Yes, Absinthe, you explained ooc about the situation, and it did show there was something wrong, but it was Elia's sensing abilities that said there was a demon, and Elia's known the fear Gahl causes, and therefore knew it was him even if he didn't effect her. You didn't complain when Elia showed almost the exact same fear outside the abandoned store; she froze outside it, and they could obviously tell IC something was wrong with her.

Now, on the other side of the fence, I say he was telling you how to react to that fear, but as he said, you left before he could explain the situation. From what I see, Absinthe does play the OP character pretty well, and doesn't have PK's because of that OP-ness. 

I say can we please just try and get along and not argue this point please. Try rping with Gahl once more, and both of you, try not to get angry, or power game, or whatever the hell you need to do to try and work this shit out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:03 pm