Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
SaintCharmer
SkellyBeans
6 posters

[Accepted] Skelly's Auth App

SkellyBeans
    SkellyBeans

[Accepted] Skelly's Auth App Empty [Accepted] Skelly's Auth App

Post by SkellyBeans Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:46 am

Sorry if the spacing makes this app a bit long.

Steam Name: SkellyBeans

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26033548

How long have you been role playing?: I have role played at full brain capacity for about 5 years. I mean I got over stupid teen angst bullshit really early and started to role play a lot better a lot sooner. A lot of my role playing experience comes from D&D/WoD/CoC.

Any experience having this auth before? Can't say that I do, everyone starts somewhere I guess. If the question is intended to be asking if I have role played anything like this character, then the answer is a resounding yes. I've been on every side of the spectrum minus lycanthropes.

What are you applying for?: The best way I can put it is a Lone Hunter/Vigilante, but it'll be more clear after the back story.

Why should you have this?: Well, because I believe I can add some dynamism to the role play. I thought about applying for the hunter role but it didn't seem very flexible (that kit). I want to role play with a greater degree of freedom, and have more interactions with other characters while being able to help others in an interesting way.

Character Sheet:

Name: Ifrit (is only known outside of her birthplace as this)

Heritage: Nordic/Scandinavian

Skin: Fair, smooth, no visible scars.

Body: Muscular

Height: A Towering 7'1

Hair: Pale Blonde, Long singular, intricate braid hanging along her back.

Eyes: Ice Blue

Tattoo: Two stripes on her right arm.

Relationships: Cillian (FRIEND)

Can't be arsed to do a drawing right now will do it later.
    Gear:

Stab proof vest that covers shoulders, neck and chest/abdomen.
    Two-way radio/cellphone
    Sound cancelling Headset Communicator
    Shoulder mounted flashlight
    Buckler shield
    Basic Medical Supplies (Bandages, disinfectant, anesthetic, Etc.)

Weapons:

Silver edged bearded axe, intricately engraved with Nordic clan symbols
    Silver edged Gong Fu, engraved with Chinese symbols
    Silver barbed throwing darts (eight)
    Vervein coated serrated throwing knives (ten)

Non-Lethal:

Heavy cast iron Bolas
    A silver studded, vervein treated whip.
    Caltrop pack

Strengths:

Very proficient in close quarters/melee combat and sword/axe play
    Very strong and physically fit
    Heightened reflexes
    Trained in hunting/tracking/trapping
    High pain tolerance
    Good climber/jumper
    Accurate throwing arm(s)
    Iron will, not easily shaken/intimidated

Weaknesses:

No firearms training
    When fully geared, is quite heavy
    Holds grudges
    Over protective
    Too sure of herself
    Hot headed
    Prideful
    Can act a little awkward or out of place due to indoctrination at a young age
    Has a bear sense of empathy (simply doesn't understand it)

Backstory: Ifrit grew up in a region where in the past, lycanthropes and vampires ran rampant, the lycans being the worst of it. A deep hatred of lycans was held throughout her bloodline. Her whole clan was devoted to training and creating hunters using alchemical temperament, mental training and rigorous physical training. Her clan is an enormous bloodline of warriors and monk alchemists who devote themselves to eradicate lycans and vampires. They would bathe their warriors in vervein, drink vervein tea, wear silver lined clothes and some would even sharpen their teeth and plate them with silver, or plate their fingernails into silver claws. Going through sacred rites and holy rituals all in the name of the death of fables. The warriors were very fierce and were a true terror to lycans and vampires.

So much so that their numbers were thinned to a meek amount. Eventually the need for these warriors was lost. Most of them died out from age. Without the threat of the warriors the fable population rose once more, and so new warriors were born. This cycle has been kept up for many years, and the breeding of warriors became a tradition above a necessity. Ifrit is the product of such tradition. Fortunately, the population of fables was nearly stamped out, and very few remained. Living lives of hiding and poverty in rag tag bands. Ifrit did not see much combat in her homeland because of this. She thought her training was being wasted, so she traveled the world in search of places that were infested such as her homeland once was, to work as a freelance hunter. Some of her brothers and sisters followed in her footsteps, but she has no connections with them.

Ifrit traveled to many places, and fought against many fables, her training really paid off as she never received any scars from her bouts. She learned a lot in her travels, made a name for herself in the Eurasia region and changed very much overall. She earned some sympathy for vampires when she was tasked with hunting a single mother who's child had been turned. She was hired to kill the entire family, she instead took to eviscerating her employers. This event had destroyed her name, and she was forced to go to North America. Eventually she came to Los Angeles, and met Cillian. Now she tries to live a more quiet life, but some habits never die. She never leaves her house unarmed, and still holds a vicious grudge against lycanthropes.

(Note: If the backstory seems stale, I want it to be known that I'm not trying to write a novel. It's merely to make ends meet and get points across. Plus I don't want everyone to know everything about her backstory right away, that's something to be discovered.)

Do you agree that you will use these responsibly, and understand these can be taken away at any time?

Absolutely.

Last edited by SkellyBeans on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:53 am; edited 3 times in total
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

[Accepted] Skelly's Auth App Empty Re: [Accepted] Skelly's Auth App

Post by SaintCharmer Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:44 am

+Support
    Bourneco - Retired
    Bourneco - Retired

Post by Bourneco - Retired Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm

+MOTHERFUCKING SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Darky
    Darky

Post by Darky Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 am

I was going to +support this, but when I saw female, and the amount of gear you would be lugging around... Just doesn't seem very realistic to me, even if strong and fit, I feel that people that recieve fully geared authorizations tend to get a little happy and to an extend flashy/powergame onto others. Pending vote from me, purely because of the amount of gear.

P.S: we already have a problem with nearly the entire server with military grade gearor a weapon of some kind.
    JiiBB
    JiiBB

Post by JiiBB Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:45 am

No idea if I still do these.

Recommending Raik/Pixie take a look.

On the app I'm pretty indifferent though.
    SkellyBeans
    SkellyBeans

Post by SkellyBeans Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 am

Darky wrote:I was going to +support this, but when I saw female, and the amount of gear you would be lugging around... Just doesn't seem very realistic to me, even if strong and fit, I feel that people that recieve fully geared authorizations tend to get a little happy and to an extend flashy/powergame onto others. Pending vote from me, purely because of the amount of gear.

P.S: we already have a problem with nearly the entire server with military grade gearor a weapon of some kind.

Edit: Removed "Military Grade" Equipment.

Unless vervein is considered "Military Grade"

I know it's probably kinda iffy with all the gear, but honestly to me and my character, it's more of a "Need it; Not have it." Sort of deal. Rest of the gear could easily be made/bought and on that note I did intend to open a sort of smith shop. Where making/maintaining the equipment is totally probable. Powergaming is fun for no one, and I certainly do not intend to take this character's combat ability past reasonable lengths. If I didn't want to have any weapons or gear, I would not have asked for an auth. There would be no need. Plus I think it's reasonable for anyone who lives in a city where vampires and werewolves exist, to have a way to defend themselves. As weapons, in and of themselves, are not hard to come by.

Edit Edit: When you saw female??? What does that have to do with anything? What's not realistic about it just because the gender is not male? Women in the military carry the same amount of weight as men do, so that point is completely bunk.
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

Post by SaintCharmer Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:42 am

Darky wrote:I was going to +support this, but when I saw female, and the amount of gear you would be lugging around... Just doesn't seem very realistic to me, even if strong and fit, I feel that people that recieve fully geared authorizations tend to get a little happy and to an extend flashy/powergame onto others. Pending vote from me, purely because of the amount of gear.

Well, for one, she's seven feet tall... So there's that. And what does being a woman have to do with it? At that type of height and bulk, the gender of said person wouldn't be an issue when it comes to lugging around that much gear. I also wouldn't call the amount of military gear in the server a problem, for one it makes humans more fun to play because they're not just food for thought for a vampire or lycan, and two the whole place is locked down and under martial law, which normally leads to people arming themselves to the teeth. Still + Support
    Darky
    Darky

Post by Darky Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:56 pm

It was just something that came to mind. On the server, we are always seeing these heavily geared and trained females that somehow are more dominant than the male counterpart. As for gear, Red. Vervein is produced in farms, so that isn't an issue. Silver, again, is widely available to the public. So those sorts of thongs I don't see as military.

Military classifies as ACR, SCAR, AS VAL, Snipers of .338 Lapua and higher etc. What you had wasn't military, I do apologize for putting that into my previous posting, however, when I walk aroundthe server, people do have crazy amounts guns. To my knowledge aswell, suppressors are illegal? Yet people don't get arrested for it. Why? Because anyone with that gear is either admin or super trained and attack police if confronted generally.

Back to the auths, when you say female has nothing to do with it, you are right, it doesn't. However, seeing only females on the server with crazy outfitting and training etc (not saying this character has any). It just doesn't feel like vampireRP, but more like whiteknightRP. ( or Call of Duty with the amount of mil spec guns floating around)

Also, Saint, since it is martial law and someone doesn't follow an officer's direction, they are held at the highest level of prosecution, if unarmed, life in prison, wielding a firearm, death. So the people carrying guns around should be watching out for police, a random pat down which is legal in the state of martial law would turn your character into a dead one real quick. During martial law Sewell, legal gun stores are closed until the phase passes. Black market are the ones dealing guns in a time like this.

Sorry for the mass posting, I don't mean to cause any flame wars or trouble, its just things that come to mind.

Hope you understand.

Last edited by Darky on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Responded to Saints martial law point)
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

Post by SaintCharmer Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Darky wrote:It was just something that came to mind. On the server, we are always seeing these heavily geared and trained females that somehow are more dominant than the male counterpart. As for gear, Red. Vervein is produced in farms, so that isn't an issue. Silver, again, is widely available to the public. So those sorts of thongs I don't see as military.

Military classifies as ACR, SCAR, AS VAL, Snipers of .338 Lapua and higher etc. What you had wasn't military, I do apologize for putting that into my previous posting, however, when I walk aroundthe server, people do have crazy amounts guns. To my knowledge aswell, suppressors are illegal? Yet people don't get arrested for it. Why? Because anyone with that gear is either admin or super trained and attack police if confronted generally.

Back to the auths, when you say female has nothing to do with it, you are right, it doesn't. However, seeing only females on the server with crazy outfitting and training etc (not saying this character has any). It just doesn't feel like vampireRP, but more like whiteknightRP. ( or Call of Duty with the amount of mil spec guns floating around)

Also, Saint, since it is martial law and someone doesn't follow an officer's direction, they are held at the highest level of prosecution, if unarmed, life in prison, wielding a firearm, death. So the people carrying guns around should be watching out for police, a random pat down which is legal in the state of martial law would turn your character into a dead one real quick. During martial law Sewell, legal gun stores are closed until the phase passes. Black market are the ones dealing guns in a time like this.

Sorry for the mass posting, I don't mean to cause any flame wars or trouble, its just things that come to mind.

Hope you understand.

You didn't start a flame war or anything, don't worry about it, I wasn't angry at you or anything, though I guess they way I typed it may have conveyed that I was. And I also understand the guns are illegal, but he removed that from his app. I didn't mention guns in my posting. But the axes and such would probably not be illegal. Then again, a martial law situation is a touchy one, but naturally the people living here would still arm themselves heavily, even if it was illegal.
    SkellyBeans
    SkellyBeans

Post by SkellyBeans Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 pm

You were right about the gear Darky, I looked at it and adjusted it accordingly. I guess I haven't played long enough on the server but every hunter/officer I have met has been male, I haven't personally met any female characters that match your description but of course it could have just been chance. I overreacted a bit in my post, I didn't quite understand where you were coming from. So I apologize for that, however I don't plan on switching this character's gender. Sorry.
    Darky
    Darky

Post by Darky Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 am

Nah, the gender doednt worry me at all. Its just confusing why everyone wants to be these super cool armoured and geared females. Think I needa make one to start countering hehe.
    But, to be honest, I'm willing to +support now as I am happy that everyone is on somewhat the sane page and some key points are noticed. Smile good luck
    Pixie
    Pixie
    Admin

Post by Pixie Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:47 pm

ACCEPTED

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:56 am