Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New and Improved Forums

Poll

Well, how does it look?

[ 1 ]
    New and Improved Forums Bar_left25%New and Improved Forums Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    New and Improved Forums Bar_left25%New and Improved Forums Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New and Improved Forums Bar_left50%New and Improved Forums Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    New and Improved Forums Bar_left0%New and Improved Forums Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

New and Improved Forums Empty New and Improved Forums

Post by ZombieMesh Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 pm

I took on the task of making this really ugly forum look less ugly and, thus, useable. It's still a work in progress, but I'd like to hear your opinions on it. But as of now, pretty okay, I think! No more excuse of not checking the forum cause its impossible to read. I'll work on it more later.

Known Problems / Issues:

> Directory links blend in with background (Problem with two different texts have to share the same color setting. Will keep tweaking or change background )
    > Logo is dumb ( It's a temp thing I made in like a minute)
    > Forum icons are weird (if anyone has a download of good forum icons [the little briefcases and yellow quotes] or whatever, please link me.)
    >Group colors, such as admin and donator, are eyesores with color scheme (I'll ask Pixie if I can make them less bright)
    > Post count and join date hard to read (Not sure if I can fix unless the color of that text is editable. If I make the box darker, a bunch of other stuff gets messed up)

If Anyone has opinions or concerns or notices a bright color (I used bright colors to figure out what linked to where), please post here. Again, still a WIP, but hopefully this is better than the last one. I'm not familiar with forumotion's editor, so it's a learning experience.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

New and Improved Forums Empty Re: New and Improved Forums

Post by ZombieMesh Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:04 am

Noticed the problem with the post count number might also be linked with the font color when you look at a member's profile.
    Not sure where I can edit that or if I can.

Also, changed the topic icons so they aren't dumb briefcases. Not sure if you guys also want new category icons that aren't the "quotes," so I'll keep looking.