Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
JiiBB
Annoying Rooster
Kavinsky
Pixie
8 posters

Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community?

Poll

Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community

[ 10 ]
    Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community? Bar_left63%Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community? Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community? Bar_left37%Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community? Bar_right [37%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Pixie
    Pixie
    Admin

Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community? Empty Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community?

Post by Pixie Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:16 am

So, a huge opportunity has come up for us, and we've been offered the chance to secure funding, along with increased slots (They increase as much as we can keep the server filling up). We would maintain full control of the server, but just have ties to another community (Rebuilt Community). Both Raikmaister and I talked to the guy on teamspeak, and we both think he's trustworthy.
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community? Empty Re: Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community?

Post by Kavinsky Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:20 am

If he doesn't try to fuck us over, then yes.
    Pixie
    Pixie
    Admin

Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community? Empty Re: Shall we merge with Rebuilt Community?

Post by Pixie Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:22 am

Raik and I don't at all think he will.
    Annoying Rooster
    Annoying Rooster

Post by Annoying Rooster Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:23 am

Most communities I've worked with had this opportunity appear, and to be frank it had always turned more of a negative than a positive effect. 

Could be the owners internal strife that had led to downfall merging, but I'll just stick with my vote.
    JiiBB
    JiiBB

Post by JiiBB Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:23 am

Boy o boy I don't like this. But it may turn out for the better, so if that many players want it I'm game. I'll be staying neutral to see what the players want.
    SaintCharmer
    SaintCharmer

Post by SaintCharmer Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:34 am

+ support
    Apzue
    Apzue

Post by Apzue Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:54 am

I give + support on this as I have known the guy who proposed this for a while now. I used to play on his server aswell.
    Cookies

Post by Cookies Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:59 pm

This is not going to end well.
    Shanaro
    Shanaro

Post by Shanaro Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 am

I'll tell you my experience with community mergers.

A larger community/community with larger assets will offer to merge with almost no change, then that community will take the script, server, use it themselves while demoting most of the admins they don't like, decisions will be made that the original (Smaller) community owners don't agree with and in a manner of a couple months BOTH communities go down the shitter, if not both then the smaller one at least

I'd say no on principle that mergers are almost never a good idea, and considering the offer seems weighted in our favor I'd take a long hard look at this and what they actually want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content