Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
nec
Fuzzy Wolfy
Yuri Sergig
Jauri
8 posters

Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server)

Poll

Map change.

[ 11 ]
    Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_left50%Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_left5%Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_left5%Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_left23%Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_right [23%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_left0%Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_left0%Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_left17%Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 22
    Jauri
    Jauri

Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Empty Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server)

Post by Jauri Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 am

Alright. Keep the comments serious and no insulting others on their opinions. If you chose 'I want something else that's not listed!' then tell us what you wanted. Below follows the download links for each map.

rp_city17_build192

rp_retribution

rp_c18

rp_city8 -- mediafire.com download/bh12yahwtri6c4j/rp_city8_catalyst_x1a.rar

rp_city11_night_v1b

rp_city45

Last edited by Jauri on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Empty Re: Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server)

Post by ZombieMesh Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:39 am

It's important to look at all the choices yourself, instead of just picking one you went on once and thought it was cool.

My thoughts:

City 17 is too big. City 45 would be a better option if you wanted a map like it, seeing as it's a smaller version of it.

Retribution just seems like the last two maps we've had and have failed.

City 18 is good, doesn't have much of an underground though.

City 8 is probably my favorite. If we pick that one, there's a version of the map that has a strip bar and a clinic added into it. It had good housing and a pretty reasonable underground.

City 11 is too seedy looking and is kinda small.

City 45 is a good choice if you like City 17 but think its too big.

I'm gunna go with City 8
    Jauri
    Jauri

Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server) Empty Re: Map change (because rockford bamboozled the server)

Post by Jauri Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:46 am

^^ Yes, what ZombieMesh said. Look at the maps yourself, I provided download links for a reason. Don't toss your vote into some random map that everyone might hate.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 am

If you want to check out the alternate City 8, the editor OzJackal has given permission and also the download link.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/bh12yahwtri6c4j/rp_city8_catalyst_x1a.rar
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig

Post by Yuri Sergig Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:12 am

I was thinking rp_industrial17_v1

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171962560&searchtext=
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:00 am

rp_city17_build192 was my favorite out of the list because of how intricate and spacious it was, but keep in mind that just because it's big, that doesn't mean that our problems with housing will be solved. It has moderate housing along the surface, about the same as the normal version of City17, if not slightly more, but it has a GIGANTIC underground section and a LARGE nexus to boot... It might be TOO big with few points of interest, meaning that people may just get lost and not be able to bump into one another as often as they might like.

Regardless, it seems like the best choice for what people seem to be looking for.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:37 am

NO MORE HL2 MAPS
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:54 am

nec wrote:NO MORE HL2 MAPS

How about you suggest an actually good non-HL2 map instead of complaining about them?
    Jauri
    Jauri

Post by Jauri Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:13 am

nec wrote:NO MORE HL2 MAPS

Yeah... How about you suggest a reasonable city map that isn't HL2RP based and we'll vote on it. They're not easy to find.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:48 am

i suggested rockford but you guys couldn't get it working
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:54 am

lol apparently you need some files to put on the server to get rockford working

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1431963

^ that thread will explain everything, basically you don't mount the workshop map content to the server, you have to manually install the content along with mounting the workshop map.
    IcedMuffin

Post by IcedMuffin Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:15 pm

I can't suggest any maps as a good compromise but I do believe we need to try and drift away from all the HL2 based things, it's far too neon and while in some respects a futuristic (although we are pretty far anyway) setting is not entirely uncanon considering the circumstance in the world, I do believe we need a change from it. City 8 has served well but seeing we're still forever changing from that map I think it goes to show it's not the 'definite' map we want long term deep down. 

Sorry I can't help, I've tried but I simply can't find anything. What I will say is don't use industrial 17, it's supportive primarily for HL2RP and a lot of the style designs only really support that genre (futuristic) since in modern society god forbid we'd be using structure like that for our cities (I may be British but I'm almost 99% America doesn't use that layout when constructing their territories).
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Pixie Replacement wrote:Also the city8 edit looks cool

Yeah. OzJackal did it for another server, but he gave me permission if we were to ever use it.

I'm hoping the map change isn't all that soon, cause only 9 people voted, which is not a consensus at all. We should wait till more people vote.
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 pm

I don't get why people seem to be complaining about city maps that happen to be HL2 inspired or created for an HL2 RP. What's wrong with them? Typically, they're the most reasonable in terms of layout and quality without sacrificing size.

I'd really love to hear some reasoning behind the complaints, or better yet, a better idea.
    Tominator
    Tominator

Post by Tominator Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:15 am

put me in for cutie17 coach
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 am

CITY SEVENTEEEEEEEEEN AHHHHHHHHHHHHH PLEASE GOD I WILL GIVE YOU MY DICK IN A BOX.
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig

Post by Yuri Sergig Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:51 pm

So the map vote is pretty conclusive, so are we ready to change, or ?
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:32 pm

I wouldn't call 14 / 30+ voting a consensus
    I'd give it another day to see if anyone else votes.
    IcedMuffin

Post by IcedMuffin Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm cool for the change, honestly I quite like City 17, my only issue is there's no forestry or area for wolves to gather besides being in the main bulk of the city. It'd be a nice environment for demons and vampires but it doesn't entirely cater to our side.
    Jauri
    Jauri

Post by Jauri Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 pm

IcedMuffin wrote:I'm cool for the change, honestly I quite like City 17, my only issue is there's no forestry or area for wolves to gather besides being in the main bulk of the city. It'd be a nice environment for demons and vampires but it doesn't entirely cater to our side.

Well, as much as I'd like for a map to cater to every side of the spectrum, such a map is hard to find. I'm sure we can work out something for wolves to gather.
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig

Post by Yuri Sergig Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 pm

So a day have past, I do not mean to pressure the one whom is responsible for this, but maybe the time is now to change ? Frankly there is less, and less space for people, and it don't help that we get new players every day.
    Jauri
    Jauri

Post by Jauri Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:28 am

Alright. We've had about 4 days to vote, and have at least 19 votes, so now should be an excellent time to switch.
    If anyone is to complain now, then that's their fault for not voting. I've been posting links in chat daily (If not every 4 hours), and been spreading it through steam. If someone wanted to vote, then they would've by now.
    Absinthe
    Absinthe

Post by Absinthe Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:12 am

IF someone complains about there not being enough time to vote at this point, I'm going to find them IRL and bad things will happen.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:42 am

I wouldn't mind seeing that city 8 edit in action. But if we REALLY have to come to a mutual standpoint on what map we have to choose, C17.
    IcedMuffin

Post by IcedMuffin Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:41 pm

We've changed

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150899249

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:04 pm