Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

RED Menace Bonorum Clan Application

RED Menace

RED Menace Bonorum Clan Application Empty RED Menace Bonorum Clan Application

Post by RED Menace Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Steam ID: RED Menace

Why do you think you should get this whitelist?: I am a long time fan of traditional vampire lore. I have read Dracula by Bram Stoker multiple times.

How long have you been roleplaying for?: I've played DnD and Call of Cthulu since childhood.

Write the backstory of your character [No minimum or maximum length, use common sense and discretion]: A female journalist of Romanian birth who came to the US 3 years ago when she was 19 to escape Romanian law enforcement. She has a cynical outlook on life after a childhood and teenhood of watching her mother being beaten and neglected, and the same being done unto her. Before she had left, when she was still but a child, she sought out a vampire of reasonably high stature. Thinking, becoming one of them would give her the power to free her mother from the oppressive grip of her overbearing father, she begged the Bonorum clan member to turn her. He turned her away at first, but she was desperate, and persistent. She sought out this man each and everyday and accompanied him through his daily activities. The vampire dismissed her for the first few days, she was not a bother so he merely ignored her. Slowly as the months went by, they engaged in conversation during these times. The mysterious vampire eventually introduced himself of Mihnea Cel Rau, son of the infamous Vlad Tepes, or "Dracula". As this went on her company became a much appreciated comfort to the vampire, as he always lived in the shadow of his father, he was relatively isolated for the majority of his long lifetime. After over half a year of this, she asked him once more. This time, he took pity on her dreadful situation, and agreed. At the naive young age of ten, she became one of the Bonorum. With such little life experience she could not possibly understand the cost of her power, or the limits of her courage. She hated herself, she was starved most of the time for she hated to feed on the innocent, sneaking out at night and stealing husbands from wives, brothers from brothers. The worst part, she had the power to obliterate her worthless drunk father... Yet couldn't bring herself to do it. Rau used powerful magic to force the aging process upon her so that her family would not discover her until she was ready to act. We she was 19, her father came home, just buzzed enough to go into a fit of rage, but sober enough to be capable. He kicked down the door, and made a beeline for her mother. He broke a vodka bottle on the counter top. Unspeakable things transpired after. The situation ended in a dead mother, and an unidentifiable corpse. Just biting her father was a far too merciful fate for someone like him, and so at the age 19 she tore her father in two with her bare hands. The most well fed she had been since becoming a vampire. She rushed to seek out Rau under the cover of night, she was now in a panic. She knew damn well the screams were heard, the sirens blared from Hunter forces. She became one with a shadows, taking silent steps and staying nearly invisible, for she was a champion of the night. Rau sheltered her until daybreak. He told her, he could pay off a journalist to allow an article to be submitted under her name. After gathering her thoughts and quelling her panic, she began to rewrite the event as the work of a rouge bear that had been spotted in the area. Overnight the buzz had changed from vampire activity to wild animals. She undertook the name Ecaterina Albescu, and Rau arranged for her to be transported to America. Over the years she refined her skills in writing, and is now a journalist in the LA area under the employ of the Los Angeles Tribune. She stays in frequent contact with Mihnea Cel Rau, and is a closely knit member of the local Bonorum populace.

[b]Give an example of Feeding RP [10 Lines min]: [/b]

[b]/me feels her hunger growing, and her bloodlust intensifying.[/b]
    [b]/me glances at her watch, it says 1 am.[/b]
    [b]/me exits her apartment to search for prey.[/b]
    **As she walks down the street, a homeless man calls out to her.
    "Your eyes, I know that look." the homeless man says.
    /me closes her eyes and sighs a profanity under her breath but keeps walking
    "Wait, no please come back!" the homeless man begs.
    ** She turns towards the man, upon meeting her eyes, mixed feelings of terror and relief sweep over him.
    "What is it?" Ecaterina scoffs at him.
    "I know you're hungry, that's why your eyes are all red and bloodshot." He says.
    ** The man's lips begin to quiver.
    "Spare someone who's worth something. Take me! I'm just a useless beggar, dead weight." he says as tears begin to roll down his cheeks.
    "Please kill me, I can't pull the trigger. At least I will die knowing I spared someone's life, and sated another's appetite."
    /me furrows her brows and looks left and right.
    "Dying from vampire bite is far from pleasant, are you sure that's how you want to go?" Ecaterina says to the man, who she is now standing over.
    "However bad it is I deserve every bit of it. I'm a coward, an abuser, and an alcoholic, you'd be doing this city a favor." He sobbed uncontrollably.
    /me sighs, and said "I suppose it's either you or I kill someone in their sleep."
    "Are you ready?" She asked him, her glowing slit-pupil eyes meeting his.
    "Been ready for years lass." he whispered.
    /me hands him a rag to bite down on for the pain, and tips up his chin.
    /me blood rep lips part and fangs sink into the man's flesh, and he is drained.
    /me stands up and says "Not even a wince, he was a strong one..."
    /me walks home, her thirst sated.

Give an example of Combat RP [15 lines min]: 

** A man yells "Stop!" as Ecaterina Albescu walks down a city street in the evening.
    /me turns the face the man, who is standing with a large switchblade in his hand.
    ** A look of regret and despair suddenly adorned the man's face.
    /me walked closer to him.
    "Did you not notice the eyes? The fangs? When you were selecting your target?" She says in a seductive, playful tone.
    ** He swallows hard and begins to shake.
    "You're horribly unprepared to combat a vampire of the Bonorum clan. Aren't you?" She says in quiet tones, now her faces inches from his.
    /me grabs the knife by the blade and pries it out of the man's ice cold hand.

/me places her hand on his neck, with a single claw opens his jugular, and takes the snack.
    /me tosses the body aside and mumbles "Trash." as she walks away.

Give an example of Passive RP [15 lines min]: 

/me sits at the bar sipping Russian Imperia vodka, mixed with cranberry juice.
    ** A man takes a seat next to her and orders.
    ** He notices the bottle is at 1/4 full.
    "Isn't that a bit strong for someone of your size?" He says in an attempt at a sly tone.
    /me flashes a grin at the man and glances over.
    "Vampires can't get drunk, I just enjoy the taste." She says in a friendly manner.
    "With all the shit that goes on in this city, I bet not being able to get drunk is a bit of an inconvenience." He says with a laugh.
    "You know it buddy. Believe me I see the worst of it, I'm a journalist. Perhaps you've heard of me, Ecaterina Albescu ring any bells?" She says now turned toward the dark haired handsome man next to her.
    "Can't say I have, odd name, where are you from?" He inquires.
    "Romania... How stereotypical is that huh?" Ecaterina says with a smile.
    ** The man laughs kindheartedly.
    /me stands up from the bar.
    "Well it's almost morning, I should get home before the sun comes up. See you around?" She asks.
    "Yeah, I'm a regular here so I hope we see more of each other.
    /me gives a wink as she steps out of the establishment.

Give an example of Feeding RP [10 Lines min]:

Give an example of Combat RP [15 lines min]:

Last edited by RED Menace on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Format issues)
    Bourneco - Retired
    Bourneco - Retired

RED Menace Bonorum Clan Application Empty Re: RED Menace Bonorum Clan Application

Post by Bourneco - Retired Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Holding -support or +support until you add your Feeding RP, Combat RP, and extend the Passive RP.
    RED Menace

RED Menace Bonorum Clan Application Empty Re: RED Menace Bonorum Clan Application

Post by RED Menace Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Bourneco wrote:Holding -support or +support until you add your Feeding RP, Combat RP, and extend the Passive RP.
    I doctored it up a bit.
    Pixie
    Pixie
    Admin

Post by Pixie Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:25 am

You are not being turned by Dracula's son, she would be like the third most powerful vampire alive, so no.
    RED Menace

Post by RED Menace Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 am

True, could I change it to a distant descendant of Dracula? Someone still reasonably powerful but not powergame powerful. Would that change things?
    RED Menace

Post by RED Menace Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:06 pm

All relations to Dracula or his family have been COMPLETELY expunged, in order to avoid powergaming, I didn't realize it at the time but it was pretty damn bad. Just assume it was some dude of reasonable esteem in the Bonorum clan.
    Pixie
    Pixie
    Admin

Post by Pixie Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:39 pm

ACCEPTED If it's just a random vamp.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am