Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Triangle
TheValentineLegacy
Major Tom
Vampyr
Bulldog
Darky
10 posters

[Suggestion] Administrative Reform

Poll

Should we reform the admin team?

[ 7 ]
    [Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_left35%[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_right [35%] 
    [ 6 ]
    [Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_left30%[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_left15%[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 4 ]
    [Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_left20%[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_left0%[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_left0%[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Darky
    Darky

[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Empty [Suggestion] Administrative Reform

Post by Darky Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:03 am

Hi there everyone,
    As seen in the title, administrative reform.
    This means, we have a vote!
    Should we, reform the admin team (Remove people not doing duties and replace with people who ablige themselves to carry them out)
    Or remain with the current staff team (Deal with 3 admins that do their duty and carry a heavy load - will require a staff meeting to fix their attitude)

I will provide some vote options for the COMMUNITY to vote on, as, us community members want to see the server improve.

No hard feelings to ANYONE.

Note: After voting, please post below with why you chose that option so we can get the message across and ensure the server directors (Pixie/Raik) know what us community members want to occur.

P.S: Don't mind the 'cnew' spelling error in the poll. I can't edit it and fix it.

Last edited by Darky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
    Darky
    Darky

[Suggestion] Administrative Reform Empty Re: [Suggestion] Administrative Reform

Post by Darky Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:05 am

I voted the second option. Yes, we should reform the admin team and have a set of rules to abide by.

I also believe, however, the admin team should be elected and chosen by the members of the community. That way, we get the admin team the community wants to see and have operate.
    Bulldog
    Bulldog

Post by Bulldog Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:07 am

"cnew"
    Vampyr
    Vampyr

Post by Vampyr Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:09 am

I think a warning/rules to abide by would be sufficient. They aren't incapable or 'bad', they just need to learn to work together and not judge by emotion (or in nicks case drink and take meds at the same time.)
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:31 am

There's quite a lot of things I'd reform as well along with how the admin team works, but I'll leave it for a different thread.

One thing I do know is that communication seems to be terribly lacking and none of the threads that should be upkept by admins/admin managers are properly upkept. That and there are people on the forums who clearly have admin on the server but do not have admin on the forums (This isn't a huge issue unless you guys have a staff room that is only view able by forum admins.)
    Darky
    Darky

Post by Darky Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:05 am

Another thing to add onto this, is the temporary admin issue. It shouldn't be given out whatsoever unless every admin on the server is ALREADY dealing with a ADMIN situation. Not roleplay. I have seen so many temp admin promo's handed out I would be rich if i were to get a dollar per one.

This is causing big problems for the server, as, recently, I found out someone had temp admin to do jobs and create economy, however, was spawning gear for themselves and their friends and hadn't been fulfilling said jobs. These are rumors and I dont have 100% proof of such.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Temp admin shouldnt be a thing.
    TheValentineLegacy
    TheValentineLegacy

Post by TheValentineLegacy Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:54 pm

The closest opinion applicable to me is #1.

The administration team from what I've heard in unconfirmed sources (Steam Friends Only) have said most of the Administration is carrying over bad reputation from their past communities. The other part of it is mostly unable to fulfill their promisses or have not sworn the "Oath of Order" to the community owner and thus don't have to pledge service.
    The third part is that administrators who were employed temporarily were either not removed from their position or not inspected often enough for that matter.
    Fourth may be that, from personal experience, people willing to join the administration are being denied from contributing to the server due to "There being no more space".

The issue of spacing seems an irrelevant question here, a person willing to help create events, explanations, provide technical help around the hour and consultation for further playerbase actions shouldn't be just thrown out of consideration because "There is no space". They should be put in a queue for potentional applicants and Vox Populi Staff.
    Such is the way I would organize it.

It mostly seems you are experiencing trust issues with your fresher Administration.
    From what I've read out, one of those problems is Temporary Admins.

One way to resolve that is to ask for prior server administration.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When accepting admins, get in touch with the owner of the admin's latest community and ask for a performance evaluation from their end, try also accessing the group/webpage of the server and see which players are active while the administrator is on the server, then ask them for their opinions too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second way is to allow the "Trust Exposure Policy".---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any player observing a temporary class admin abusing privileges is required to provide a screenshot of the act happening in a private message to the server's executive staff, aswell as a screenshot of the console log.
    That will be used as proof material that the screenshot was indeed taken ON the server, and that the console logs are not a copypaste with possible exempts and forgery.
    Along with that you may or may not wish to employ a strike policy. 3 Is usually the preffered number.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::DISCLAIMER::
    All opinions are forged personally from experience in previous servers and are not intent to shun or insult/otherwise metnally harm members of the administration or the playerbase.
    All prespectives recorded in this message are based on Constructive Criticism and should be observed as path markers.
    Any possible mentally-emotional harm is prematurely apologized for.

(I hope I've finally been usefull Pixie, after asking each day if you require something and ending my sentences with Very Well Then)
    Triangle
    Triangle

Post by Triangle Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:49 pm

The only admins I see frequently are:

Raspberry
    Pixie
    Nick
    Raik (who's absolutely useless and the fact he's co-owner worries me)
    bourneco
    The guy who plays Delilah

I haven't seen any others who play more than once a week, not to mention some of the people mentioned in that above list need to seriously improve. It's not enough for such a huge player base at night, not to mention Pixie is in bed by the time it's populated. For some reason our players are American rather than European.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Triangle wrote:The only admins I see frequently are:

Raspberry
    Pixie
    Nick
    Raik (who's absolutely useless and the fact he's co-owner worries me)
    bourneco
    The guy who plays Delilah

I haven't seen any others who play more than once a week, not to mention some of the people mentioned in that above list need to seriously improve. It's not enough for such a huge player base at night, not to mention Pixie is in bed by the time it's populated. For some reason our players are American rather than European.

raik handles apps and auths iirc
    Bourneco - Retired
    Bourneco - Retired

Post by Bourneco - Retired Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:51 pm

I agree for a few people; Raik needs to be deelt with, as well as Raspberry. Delilah, Nick and I do work and do help players if it does not rip from our RP. A code should be set up, but it should not be too strict, as we do have our own lives to deal with and the likes.
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Post by Kavinsky Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:37 pm

I apologize that I have not been doing enough to satisfy some of the wants and needs and expectations of others on the server, if we indeed clear the staff and such a time comes where I am removed from it, then so be it so long as it proves to help the community. Until such a time comes I will try my best to do better for the sake of everyone.
    Asiimov

Post by Asiimov Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:34 pm

said it once before and i'll say it again, bourneco. bring your issues directly to me, don't talk shit behind my back. if you have a problem with how i administrate, i'm here to listen to that problem. 

STEAM_0:0:55891507 - My steam ID. Add me and tell me why you believe I need to be "dealt with".
    Darky
    Darky

Post by Darky Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you everyone for joining in and discussing this issue.
    I feel this is either what will destroy or bring the server together. It is a very important topic.
    Please keep things civil and chat peacefully Smile

(Doing very well so far, keep it going back and forth. I am sure we will come to a conclusion eventually)
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:26 pm

I have a very interesting question.

Do the admins NOT have a private board or some place else to discuss problems? I've seen on the forums and in game admins fighting over whatever in the global chat and it makes the admin team look fragmented, which is not good
    Bourneco - Retired
    Bourneco - Retired

Post by Bourneco - Retired Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Sadly we do not have a private board. *Glares into Pixie's eyes..*
    Bulldog
    Bulldog

Post by Bulldog Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Pixie doesn't like to update anything it seems. Maybe we need to get a forum admin so we can actually get shit updated/added?
    Darky
    Darky

Post by Darky Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Major Tom wrote:I have a very interesting question.

Do the admins NOT have a private board or some place else to discuss problems? I've seen on the forums and in game admins fighting over whatever in the global chat and it makes the admin team look fragmented, which is not good
    This is a very valid point. Having arguements on OOC chat truly shows the current teams colours. Fragmented and clearly, not a team. This is a very bad thing, having an administration that cannot work together as a 'team'. Then how do you expect any form of user to respect or listen to them?

Update: Found out Triangle was crashing people on the server using a glitch. Mighty fun work of adminship right there.
    Kavinsky
    Kavinsky

Post by Kavinsky Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:26 pm

-snip-

Last edited by Kavinsky on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Triangle
    Triangle

Post by Triangle Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:51 am

Clearing the staff will do more harm than good. Just remove the inactive ones
    And no, I didn't crash the server. The fuck does that have to do with this thread? I aint admin and never will be due to the fact i'm too aggressive
    Darky
    Darky

Post by Darky Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:13 am

'Clearing' the staff?
    No, its more a removal for review. Community members look over the current admins and select who they feel are doing their job and want to remain. The others are removed and new ones can be elected in or maybe not any new admins at all.

I didn't say you crahsed the server, I said you were crashing people on the server. Also was under the impression you were admin, so that's why I added that to the thread.

Back on topic. Would be best if people aren't aggressive to one another and just discuss peacefully. Anger and flaming causes problems for everyone and makes the process harder.
    Triangle
    Triangle

Post by Triangle Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:12 am

After reading through the thread, nobody is being angry nor are they flaming. But yeah, I crashed a few people when we were pissing around in TS3, pixie and kavinsky yelled at me for it and I got a warning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 pm