Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Shanaro
piraTe
DeadlyNachos
Nemesis™
Viktor Denisov
Kurogane
ZombieMesh
Detective Zero
Vampyr
ⱴalentine
moosely_mistaken
Major Tom
Swagile
Yøshї
Ephrael
Mayushii
Roby the Balkan Hoplite
Asiimov
nec
23 posters

Magic Discussion

nec
    nec

Magic Discussion Empty Re: Magic Discussion

Post by nec Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:07 pm

snip

Last edited by nec on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Asiimov

Post by Asiimov Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:09 pm

I quit.
    nec
    nec

Post by nec Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Raspberry wrote:I quit.

epic bro
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Mayushii
    Mayushii

Post by Mayushii Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 pm

It'd make it more of a supernatural RP, and that's fine with me.
    imo, we should just give it a chance for a few weeks and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, remove it.
    and by "if it doesn't work out", i don't mean if people complain. if it's legitimately a shitty fucking idea with terrible roleplay behind it, remove it, is what i mean.

Last edited by Mayushii on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:20 pm

It's been one or two fucking days since it's been added and you negative asshats who don't want change are already shooting down.

Frankly, keep it in. Only three people applied for it in the first place and so far it's been a good RP tool.
    Yøshї
    Yøshї

Post by Yøshї Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Allow it.

Give the magic idea a chance at least, it's not even been put to the test yet and I think it has a good chance of bringing a new element of RP to the gamemode. 
    It also fills out the human's pointless role in the gamemode so they can be something similiar to a fable aswell. 
    Also taking on from Mayushii's idea, give it a week or two and see how the idea works out.
    Swagile

Post by Swagile Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:04 pm

This is vampire RP, not Hogwarts Academy.

seriously?
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Vampires and werewolves are neat things in a high fantasy setting but they make for a poor uhm "complete basis". I like the idea personally. I just think some lore behind it needs to be defined so the qpps are all consistant.
    moosely_mistaken
    moosely_mistaken

Post by moosely_mistaken Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:45 pm

guns are the only magic needed on the server

add magic to the server and you'll have the same effect as people throwing foam peanuts at each other screaming 'thunder bolt'
    ⱴalentine
    ⱴalentine

Post by ⱴalentine Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:07 pm

was originally in support of this but seeing as how it was removed, i guess it doesn't matter anymore. should've been a week before this was determined to be removed or not. guess three people decided for everyone else on the server lol

oh well  Rolling Eyes
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:24 pm

Major Tom wrote:Vampires and werewolves are neat things in a high fantasy setting but they make for a poor uhm "complete basis". I like the idea personally. I just think some lore behind it needs to be defined so the qpps are all consistant.
    I actually couldn't of said it better myself, it's repetitive and boring.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Did they actually remove magic because people where doing this basically?

All magic really needs to function on the server is solid lore that

A) Helps everyone roleplay it consistantly
    B) Keeps the number of them low (Because having everyone able to throw magic around would be stupid)
    C) Clear defined ways to get better at it

I can write up shit if you want.
    Vampyr
    Vampyr

Post by Vampyr Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Raspberry wrote:I quit.

^--- Reason why I never married you.

Swagile wrote:This is vampire RP, not Hogwarts Academy.

seriously?

That movie series was horrible and you should feel bad for bringing it put. PS: I doubt they’re giving people the ability to shoot lightening out of their asses/magical wands. Truth be told I was under the impression this ‘magical’ element would only be minor healing or things that you find in the past via fairy tales that went hand in hand with Lycans or Vampires.

, Shooting something down before it can be expanded and or explored isn't fun for anyone. And Swagile, didn't you quit with that Roby guy?

Last edited by Vampyr on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Basically.
    Yes Tom
    That's what they did
    Detective Zero
    Detective Zero

Post by Detective Zero Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:07 pm

I was about to say something similar to what Vampyr had said.

However.. Yeah, magic hasn't even lasted an entire day and it's already removed? Give me a damn break here, no one is going to be throwing huge-ass fireballs all over the place or fry someone with a million-watt lightning bolt. No. Magic isn't going to work that way, and if you bothered to ask about it instead of assuming how it works, you WOULD know how it works and see it wouldn't be overpowered in the slightest especially since the apps are going to be strict Neutral

TL;DR Give it atleast a week before shooting it down, and ask how it rolls so you know legitimate info about it.
    Asiimov

Post by Asiimov Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:47 pm

When I asked how it was going to be done I was met with the response. "They can channel things like fire, lightning, healing and just pure energy similar to the force like star wars" no. thank. you.
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Except not on the level you're assuming they're going to, Raspberry.
    ZombieMesh
    ZombieMesh

Post by ZombieMesh Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

I think if you made a complete guide to magic so that powers can't be abused then that'd be great. I don't personality like the idea because there's big balance issues with it, but I think if you fleshed it out more it might be okay.

I'd start with the different houses of magic and what they can do at what levels. My biggest fear is seeing elemental mages that can control every element and are basically OP, since thats basically world building magic. Also, do you need incantations to do magic or is it just poof magic? Stuff like that needs to be fleshed out and put into stone.
    Vampyr
    Vampyr

Post by Vampyr Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Personally, I'd prefer to see 'magic' restricted to what it was in medieval fantasy/writings. No fire shooting, no magical water demons. Just things like witches used to do. Healing, maybe minor control of their environment (Nothing excessive please) and better reflexes.
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:34 pm

ZombieMesh wrote:I think if you made a complete guide to magic so that powers can't be abused then that'd be great. I don't personality like the idea because there's big balance issues with it, but I think if you fleshed it out more it might be okay.

I'd start with the different houses of magic and what they can do at what levels. My biggest fear is seeing elemental mages that can control every element and are basically OP, since thats basically world building magic. Also, do you need incantations to do magic or is it just poof magic? Stuff like that needs to be fleshed out and put into stone.
    And that's why it's applied for, abuse it and you're out of it. :I No ones going to go around doing that.
    Kurogane

Post by Kurogane Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:45 pm

To be honest, it does mesh well with the Vampire-Werewolf type setting if implemented properly. Just look at the Old World of Darkness, really. They had Mage's and the like in the same setting as Vampire's and Werewolves and the universe did not implode on itself.
    Viktor Denisov

Post by Viktor Denisov Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:29 am

Kurogane wrote:To be honest, it does mesh well with the Vampire-Werewolf type setting if implemented properly. Just look at the Old World of Darkness, really. They had Mage's and the like in the same setting as Vampire's and Werewolves and the universe did not implode on itself.
    New World of Darkness has a good bit of magic as well.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:16 am

I'm writing up neat shit that limits powergame (if admins keep a strict eye on it) and allows magic.
    Swagile

Post by Swagile Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:57 am

Im sorry but the guns on the server aren't even fucking balanced and we're adding MAGIC!?!?!??!

And we already have powergaming vampires and lycans who can't RP worth a damn (and all proven through logs that I publicly posted on the forums but no one gave a damn) and you want MAGIC????

No.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:24 am