Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Shanaro
piraTe
DeadlyNachos
Nemesis™
Viktor Denisov
Kurogane
ZombieMesh
Detective Zero
Vampyr
ⱴalentine
moosely_mistaken
Major Tom
Swagile
Yøshї
Ephrael
Mayushii
Roby the Balkan Hoplite
Asiimov
nec
23 posters

Magic Discussion

Ephrael
    Ephrael

Magic Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic Discussion

Post by Ephrael Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:24 am

Swagile wrote:Im sorry but the guns on the server aren't even fucking balanced and we're adding MAGIC!?!?!??!

And we already have powergaming vampires and lycans who can't RP worth a damn (and all proven through logs that I publicly posted on the forums but no one gave a damn) and you want MAGIC????

No.
    From what I hear you don't even play anymore, go away
    Detective Zero
    Detective Zero

Post by Detective Zero Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:32 am

People are supposed to be S2RP'ing not S2K so why is guns any factor in this. They all work the way they should IC, the only thing they would be used for OOC is stupid people RDMing. This isn't a DarkRP where you can just go shotcop.

On topic, the magic I see it, it's not even going to be overpowered at all. Like I said, no one is going to make huge firestorms, tornadoes or meteors and that shit. More like simple tricks and shit since no one is likely going to be a master any time soon. And even then. Plus, not -everyone- is going to be able to be magical. Only humans, only the ones who pass the application, and only a rare few that can handle it without abuse.
    Nemesis™
    Nemesis™

Post by Nemesis™ Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:16 am

I like the idea of magic as in... like covens and circles of shit-- dark magic-- but not magic as in lightning and fire. More like magic as in necromancy and shit-- nothing thats shooting lightning from the hands.

I like the idea-- but it needs to be refined in a realistic (not really) way that makes it fair for people. 

Lightning from hands, no.

Perhaps spells that can cast protection over a residence, sure.
    Asiimov

Post by Asiimov Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:29 pm

^ This guy knows what he's talking about
    DeadlyNachos
    DeadlyNachos
    Admin

Post by DeadlyNachos Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Yeah, I like the whole necromancer magic idea more than people going around shooting lightning and fire in every direction.
    Mayushii
    Mayushii

Post by Mayushii Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:02 pm

yeah let's raise the dead, that surely won't start any shit
    piraTe
    piraTe

Post by piraTe Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:37 pm

I do not think covens of loli lesbian vampire goth/emo witches would be good.. (me bait good style)
    Detective Zero
    Detective Zero

Post by Detective Zero Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:01 pm

How many times have I said this? No one is going to be chucking fireballs to incinerate someone or lightning bolts to fry them to a crisp, that'd be stupid unless they were of a higher 'level' in the system, which, for the most part not many at all if not any at all will even be that kind of rank as far as I know.
    Swagile

Post by Swagile Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Ephrael wrote:
    Swagile wrote:Im sorry but the guns on the server aren't even fucking balanced and we're adding MAGIC!?!?!??!

And we already have powergaming vampires and lycans who can't RP worth a damn (and all proven through logs that I publicly posted on the forums but no one gave a damn) and you want MAGIC????

No.
    From what I hear you don't even play anymore, go away

From what I hear, you aren't providing any legitimate arguments.

Go away.
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:23 pm

piraTe wrote:I do not think covens of loli lesbian vampire goth/emo witches would be good.. (me bait good style)
    Again, only humans would have this shit so you don't need to worry about it.
    piraTe
    piraTe

Post by piraTe Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Ephrael wrote:
    piraTe wrote:I do not think covens of loli lesbian vampire goth/emo witches would be good.. (me bait good style)
    vampires can cast spells, son
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 pm

piraTe wrote:
    Ephrael wrote:
    vampires can cast spells, son
    In the interest of Balance, they can't.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Vampires and Werewolves should not be able to use magic. They already have a plethora of cool abilities, they do not need the ability to cast magic missile too.
    Detective Zero
    Detective Zero

Post by Detective Zero Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:48 pm

THey weren't going to be using magic anyways. Magic was restricted only to Humans.
    Swagile

Post by Swagile Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Magic in a nutshell.
    Shanaro
    Shanaro

Post by Shanaro Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 am

Coming from a Wiccan, all of your interpretations of magic are horribly misconstrued, I'll be creating a detailed magic suggestion that could only add to the server and give humans a proper edge against humans, it's rather easy, actually, if you know the subject matter, anyway
    Detective Zero
    Detective Zero

Post by Detective Zero Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:16 am

And again Swagile, you're ignoring everything we say. Magic is not going to turn out that way at all Neutral
    Ephrael
    Ephrael

Post by Ephrael Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:58 am

Shanaro wrote:Coming from a Wiccan, all of your interpretations of magic are horribly misconstrued, I'll be creating a detailed magic suggestion that could only add to the server and give humans a proper edge against humans, it's rather easy, actually, if you know the subject matter, anyway
    Tom's already doing that.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 am

Magic lore is pretty much done. Going to send the revised copy of the lore to pixie when i get home. Can revise rest of lore if needed and rebalance everything as well.
    Swagile

Post by Swagile Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Detective Zero wrote:And again Swagile, you're ignoring everything we say. Magic is not going to turn out that way at all Neutral

sorry for my pessimism but with people roleplaying complete mind control syrums on people, i don't think they can handle "magic" without obscuring it to the point of no return or an admin asspulling a "expert" character that can go above and beyond the set limitations.
    Vampyr
    Vampyr

Post by Vampyr Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Swagile wrote:
    Detective Zero wrote:And again Swagile, you're ignoring everything we say. Magic is not going to turn out that way at all Neutral

sorry for my pessimism but with people roleplaying complete mind control syrums on people, i don't think they can handle "magic" without obscuring it to the point of no return or an admin asspulling a "expert" character that can go above and beyond the set limitations.

Don't worry, no ones going to do magic missile. From what I gather the magic element for humans isn't giong to be that bad.
    Swagile

Post by Swagile Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Vampyr wrote:
    Swagile wrote:

Don't worry, no ones going to do magic missile. From what I gather the magic element for humans isn't giong to be that bad.

a beacon of light, the voice of reason.

give vamp magic lead if this actually happens.
    Shanaro
    Shanaro

Post by Shanaro Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 am

Mind control syrum? The individual you're talking about is using a drug that exsists in the real world and is actually quite easy to get ahold of in LA, it's used mainly as a date rape drug but considering its effects make the victim obey any command in a zombielike state AND not remembering anything afterward, so if you're complaining about shit that happens in real life already, then you need to brush up on what's actually going on.
    Fuzzy Wolfy
    Fuzzy Wolfy

Post by Fuzzy Wolfy Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 am

I like the idea of magic being very sparse and a rare skill to acquire, let alone master.

It'd give people a chance to give their character a special quality that not /everyone/ and their grand ma would have.
    Major Tom
    Major Tom

Post by Major Tom Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:17 am

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:I like the idea of magic being very sparse and a rare skill to acquire, let alone master.

It'd give people a chance to give their character a special quality that not /everyone/ and their grand ma would have.

Basically lore wise, that is how it is going to be. The only thing that could mess it up is the admin team to be honest (What I mean is if the accidentally auth too many people for it, which would be problematic for anyone who is a fable for lore reasons.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:54 pm